Chapter 11

But of course that feeling didn't last long.

A dark silver blade pierced the ground by my head. Aurora howled and I leaped to my paws, the pup dangling from my jaws. My hackles rose when I realised I was looking into the face of a human. His face fell.

Let's just say he had nothing to say after that. Nor did he leave the clearing. Ever.

Come on! Hurry! I shouted, starting to run. Beside me, Aurora became a hawk and soared above the frey. I kept running, dodging bullets and biting at people's necks.

A man fell dead in front of me, and his blood dropped from my open jaws. I had lost not only Aurora, but my entire pack as well.

The fallen man's partner shot at me. I leaned away, my ears flattening. My eyes locked on some movement on the mountain.

One, two... fifteen silver wolves came hurtling down the slope. They were led by Domino, Belle, Max and Starling. I howled loudly to let them know where I was, and then the man's bullet hit. I winced as it cut a clean hole through my ear.

The other silver wolves leaped into the fight. Humans and rogues were dropping like flies now, but the fight was still on. I howled as somebody tripped me up. I hit the ground hard and screamed as a wolf pounced on me.

Another silver wolf flew at him and knocked him away. It was one of the eleven that had come with my pack. One of his ears was shredded.

Juniper, get up. he commanded. I sprang to my paws and ran through the crowd. My mind was set on one thing.

The pain in my head and arm was incredible. This was only half of what Domino must be feeling and I knew I had to get to him so we could fight side by side. But I was surrounded by wolves and humans.

Then I saw him. A silver wolf fighting against a thick pelted rogue. One of Domino's legs were in the air, and he swayed a lot. His arm was burning.

I started running, my paws slamming the ground and my neck stretched out. Above me, Aurora screeched a warning. I could just see her, a huge bird silhouetted against the setting sun.

She screamed again and I whirled in time to see a human fist inches from my nose. Then it connected, stars exploded behind my eyes and I dropped. I saw Domino scream and run as my vision twirled and went black.