Chapter 3

Wolf one again, the pack raced through the trees, a silver, black, grey and red blur. Alistair, Domino and I were leading the pack, the others behind us. Domino had his silver fur tightly wrapped around one leg with a bandage.

We ran as fast as we could, which admittedly wasn't as fast as I hoped, for Domino was limping heavily. We had to stop occasionally when his pain got too bad.

Alistair, which way to Hunters? I asked. Alistair stared at me. His eyes were full of rage and fury.
Do you have any idea how far away we are? We are in a human city.

I snarled slightly at his tone and walked faster. Human city. So what? We kept walking, out of the dirty streets and into the forest where we felt more at home.

That's when we heard the voices. I stopped running and pricked my ears. The rest of the pack slowed a halt and fanned out around me. I angled my ears forward and stalked through the undergrowth to peer through the dense trees.

Five brown wolves were sitting in a semi circle. The biggest of the brown wolves had a jagged scar over his left eye and was barking orders at the others. His words were new and strange, but I understood what they were doing.

Battle training. But why?

Mud. I whispered. Everyone disguise yourself in mud.

The other wolves around me nodded and silently melted into the trees. I stayed where I was, watching the other wolves through narrowed eyes. I focused on nothing else, which was apparently a problem.

A bucket of mud was thrown on me and I jumped. Max, Starling, Bliss, Belle, Kim and Alistair were all brown with mud, except Kim and Alistair. They were rogues. I snarled quietly at them and stepped out of the bushes.

Five brown ears pricked. Eyes stared. I cleared my throat, hoping my brown fur looked real. They didn't seem hostile or anything. I bowed quickly, ears flattened to my skull. The leader stepped forward and glared at me.

What do you-
We wish to join your battle training, and for you to explain what's going on. I interrupted. The alpha dipped his head.