1

— chapter one: a new home? —

"i'm pleased to meet you, mister lee." a voice spoke. both lee's looked up to the man standing in front of them, one hand extended. the older lee took the man's hand and shook it.

"thanks for coming. we're really sorry for the inconvenience but our son is at his worst right now and we need help really badly." the elder man said.

mark scoffed and looked up to his father. thanks to him, mark was now stuck with some weird therapists who was supposed to help him with his aggressions. mark didn't know how exactly but the man was here, now sitting in front of him and his father.

"i'll put my trust in you, mr. moon. again thank you," mark's father said and stood up, "i'll leave you to it." and then left the room.

a silence spread in the room. mr. moon was taking a look around, inspecting the living room. mark had his eyes closed. maybe he shouldn't have drank that much last night because it was paying back with a bad headache now.

finally the therapist cleared his throat and introduced himself "hello mark. it's nice to meet you. i'm moon taeil and i hope i can help you with your issues."

mark didn't respond but rolled his eyes. why was he here again? right, because apparently he had 'anger issues' and 'a problem with handling aggression and frustration'. the fact that it was probably normal for young alphas didn't seem to be important to his father.

"i'm a beta as you probably know so don't worry about me trying to get to you or anything. besides you're very young, too young anyways." mr. moon said.

"i'm eighteen. don't talk about me like i'm a baby." mark growled. he already felt annoyed with the man sitting in front of him.

"i know you're not a baby, mark." mr. moon said. mark snorted but let it be. the less he said the earlier mr. moon would give up and leave him alone.

"so your father has told me you have problems with aggressions, is that right? he reported you've been violent towards anyone and everyone, including your parents." mr. moon questioned.

"my father doesn't know shit about me." mark commented, rubbing his temples.

"okay then tell me about you. just the basics." mr. moon said, leaning back into his chair. mark sighed dramatically but did what he was told.

"i'm mark lee, eighteen years old. i graduated college recently and my father is now training me to take over our pack. i'm an alpha like him which makes the relationship between us... difficult." mark told the man.

"is that why you're angry all the time?" mr. moon asked.
"i'm not angry all the time." mark snapped but the man in front of him didn't seem impressed by his raised voice.

"then why do you keep getting into fights? you should know better than that, especially when most of these fights are with your father. i know you don't want to hear this but he's superior and stronger than you are." mr. moon said.

"are you here to make me feel bad?" mark shouted. mr. moon flinched but nothing else which was quite impressive.

mark, just like his father, was a really strong alpha. not only physically but also power-wise. anyone would be scared of having to sit in front of an angry mark but this beta wasn't. he seemed calm and collected as if he had seen this a hundred times before. somehow this made mark even angrier and he could feel his body tense. his fangs were out and his eyes were glowing.