A little bit older (Jaemin) Part~3

Renjun sighed. "Haechan, if you want my food all you have to do is ask." Haechan looked like a deer caught in headlights. Jeno and Y/N laughed at his reaction.

After school, the group had decided to have lunch together. Haechan had been stealing bits of meat from Renjun's plate and the latter had pretended to not know until he grew annoyed.

"Y/N, why aren't you eating?" Jaemin asked quietly from her side. His voice was drowned by those of Renjun and Haechan arguing but she managed to hear it.

"I did. I'm close to bursting." She patted her stomach to prove her point. Jaemin smiled at her and once again, her poor heart turned a somersault. It had been almost a month since they had agreed on being friends but Y/N's feelings could not simply disappear over one conversation.

They filed out with heavy stomachs and lighter wallets. Jaemin had hung back with Jeno, discussing a game they were fond of playing these days and Y/N walked at the head of their small column. She felt an arm being slung over her shoulder, her first thought was Jaemin but her eyes found Haechan instead. "Not who you were expecting?" He asked, reading her mind. How did he find out?

"Thank you for treating me today, sunbae," she said instead.

Haechan nodded thoughtfully. "Listen, I'll give you some advice," he leaned it a little closer. "Don't give up just yet." Then he straightened and winked at her. "If you get my meaning."

Y/N was horrified. Upon seeing her expression, he took his arm off her shoulders. "Did... someone tell you something?" She tried to be as vague as possible in case he did not know about the humiliating rejection. Y/N was certain Jaemin did not tell anyone, so how did Haechan know about her crush?

Haechan looked confused for a brief moment. "What are you talking about?" When Y/N shook her head he continued. "I guess something must have happened between you two. Anyway, consider what I said earlier."

"Actually, sunbae," She said before glancing behind her. The three boys were a couple of feet away. Renjun was walking in the centre of the trio speaking about something Y/N couldn't hear. Jaemin's eyes were not on the two next to him but the two walking ahead. Y/N turned back around and lowered her voice. "I don't understand what you're saying." She decided to take a chance with Haechan. "I have to give up. If I don't..." she let her sentence hang there, not even wanting to say it out loud.

Haechan clicked his tongue. "I'm not telling you to be completely upfront, that would be stupid." Little did he know Y/N had already gone through with that stupidity. "Be subtle."

"I don't think subtlety is going to help."

"Why not? I only see two reasons why it would be useless. One"- he held up a finger - "Jaemin is too oblivious and would never take the hint that you like him. Two" - another finger went up - "he already knows you like him."

"Jeez! Can you not be so loud?" She hissed. Haechan chuckled. "So, subtlety has been ruled out."

The boy pressed his lips together before they pulled into a smirk. "I think I have just the right plan for this. If you want my help, that is."

Y/N hesitated, "what's the plan?"

"Do you want a demonstration?" He asked eagerly.

"Uh, why don't you just-"

"I'll gladly give you one!" Before Y/N could react, Haechan turned around to face the boys. "Hey! Guys. Y/N and I are gonna go ahead, alright?"

"Where are you guys going?" She heard Jaemin ask. Y/N turned back as well and found her crush's eyes on her.