Dress shopping (Jaemin)

Thank you @blueberrybanana101 for requesting this. I hope you like it.

Y/N was leaning against her locker while reading a book when Jaemin approached her. "Hey," he said with a smile. "Ready for prom?"

"Barely," she made a face. "It's next week and I haven't even bought a dress."

"Why not?"

"I can never find the right one." Jaemin nodded slowly.

"Are you free after school?"

"Yeah, why?"

"We can go dress shopping then." The bell for the next period rang as soon as he finished his sentence. "Oh shoot, I can't be late, see you after school." With that, he jogged to his class.

"Wait, I can't-" he was already out of earshot, leaving Y/N in a tight spot. It wasn't like she did not want to go with Jaemin, she loved the effort he was making. But the thought of trying on dresses in front of him made her dizzy with nervousness.

Time seemed to be passing extremely slowly that day. When the last bell finally rang, Y/N quickly slipped out of class, already concocting excuses for postponing their shopping excursion. When she reached the school gate, she saw Jaemin waiting for her. "I'm glad I get to go dress shopping with you," he said when she approached him.

"Me too," she smiled, all her excuses now forgotten.

They arrived at the store after a short drive. A woman approached them at the door and led them to the section where they had dresses. Y/N looked for a dress that would cover every inch of her skin.

"Hey," Jaemin called out from behind her. "How's this?" He was holding a blue dress. Y/N nodded, the dress was beautiful, it was sleeveless with an upper body of white net work and a deep blue lower. "Want to try it on?" He passed the dress to Y/N.

She quickly went inside the changing room. Once inside, she sighed and looked at her reflection. She was wearing a t-shirt and a pair of faded jeans. She was never really fond of dresses, they made her feel self-conscious. She tried the dress on anyway and went outside.

Jaemin was seated on a sofa, and busy looking around. Y/N cleared her throat to make her presence known. Jaemin froze in his spot when he saw her. He opened his mouth to say something but closed it and looked down at his feet. Jaemin's reaction wasn't helping Y/N's nervousness.

"It doesn't look good on me, does it?" Jaemin's head jerked upwards at her remark.

"No, it's-"

"This is why I don't wear dresses, I'm not pretty enough to be wearing something this beautiful," she sighed and looked at her feet which were hidden by the dress. "Dress shopping was a total failure." Jaemin walked to where she was standing and lifted her chin with two fingers so that she was looking at him.

"What do you mean you're not pretty?" He looked at her as if she'd told him that she sold her kidneys. "You look so beautiful that it had made me speechless," he lightly kissed her forehead. "I don't want to hear you say that again." This made Y/N smile. "And who says dress shopping was a failure?" He gestured towards all the dresses in the shop.

Y/N tried on a few other dresses but in the end ,she selected the blue one she had initially worn. She also had to fight Jaemin to stop him from paying for her dress. "You know, I was really waiting for this day. I never get to see you in a dress," Y/N felt a blush creeping up on her neck. "You should wear dresses more often, you look very pretty."

"Thank you, for today, Jaemin," Y/N said with a smile.

"Well, you can repay me by going with me to buy a tie to match your dress, the shop is just around the corner," Y/N nodded while Jaemin put his arm around her. "I can't wait for prom. I want to show off my girlfriend to everyone."

"Stop," Y/N said while covering her face with her hands, making Jaemin chuckle.

xxx