Seven 2/2

Brett's face broke into a smile, his voice was giddy, "Really? Do you want to go bad enough that we could start making plans?" 

           "Yeah, obviously! I had so much fun last time, we really should do it again," Eddy answered, his tiredness fading quickly, "Where would we go though? There's so much planning to be done, would we go the same places as last time? Would we try other places? Will we do it ourselves again, or hire a manager?" 

           Brett laughed for the first time since the video ended. It seemed through Eddy's endless questioning that the world was centered just around the two of them, for a brief moment. They were there in the booth of the restaurant, smiling at each other, gushing about plans to make. He was very excited, touring was phenomenal, and he couldn't wait to do it again. And the greatest thing of all, he was getting to do it all with his best friend Eddy. 

          They sat there, pouring out wild ideas that would never come to fruition about their tour. They were on planet Brett and Eddy. Eddy wondered how long this light, happy feeling would last. Would it last? He hoped so, however by the look in Brett's eyes, he knew that it would not be this amazing feeling that would stand the test of time. 

          "...and then, we could have the curtain drop, and the accompanist would disappear!" Brett suggested, a smile etched in his face. 

          Before Eddy could respond with an even more outlandish counter suggestion, the waitress came with their food. "You had stegt flæsk and goulash?" She asked, setting it down.

          "Yes, thank you," Brett told her, inhaling. The food smelled delicious, especially Eddy's stegt flæsk, which neither of them knew how to pronounce. Brett began to wish he had ordered that as well, but quickly changed his mind as he took a spoonful of goulash. They ate and conversed, having a wonderful time just being together. 

          They had barely made a dent in their food when Brett's phone chimed. He picked it up and read the message. 

           "What is it?" Eddy asked, quickly turning his attention back to his food. 

           "It's my mom," Brett replied flatly, "she wants me to come on to the house and help set up."

           "Wait really?" Eddy sighed, confused. He really wanted to be allowed to continue to relish this moment with Brett. For once, his butterflies were not acting up, and he was really having a good time

          "Yeah, sometimes I can't believe her. I wish I was old enough to tell her no!" Brett rolled his eyes, knowing quite well he would never be old enough to tell his mother no. He hailed the waitress to get a to-go box, hurriedly stuffed his leftovers in it, and stood up and walked towards the door. He stopped, looked over his shoulder at Eddy, "I'm so sorry. I'll do better next time." 

          Eddy watched his retreating footsteps and sighed. Why was he so bad at this?