Having Their First Dinner

Tony was going to make a joke the moment the trio walked into the living room, but he restrained himself when he noticed Skye still had tears on her cheeks, and both Clint and Nat's eyes were red and puffy from crying. Instead, he gave the two adults a questioning look, only to have Clint shake his head. Clint and Nat took their seats while Skye walked over to Steve, who raised his arm as an invitation for her to snuggle with him once more; an invitation Skye readily accepted with an actual smile. She was starting to like sitting with Steven, and it really helped that he was warm.

A few minutes into conversations about nothing, Steve noticed Skye balled up next to him and starting to shiver. "You okay Skye?" he asked, gaining everyone in the room's attention. Skye looked at him and smiled, "F...fine" she said still shivering. "JARVIS please turn up the heat in this room" Tony requested, standing up and walking to the hallway, retrieving a blanket, which he covered Skye with. As he tugged her in, Clint chuckled lightly at how fatherly Tony looked. Tony on the other hand could not be bothered as he was worried about Skye. His fingers had brushed against her neck while tucking her in and her skin was ice."Skye, you're practically frozen, why didn't you say you were cold?" he asked her in a serious tone. Skye looked down at the ground, and mumbled, "I'm sorry. I didn't want to ask for things on my first day." Tony sighed, "It's ok. Better now?" he asked changing the subject. Skye looked back at Tony, "Y...yes. Thank...k you." She said still shivering. Steve went to put his hand around her, but Skye flinched, thinking the hand coming towards her was going to hit her. Both Steve and Tony looked at her concerned, but anything they wanted to say was cut off by JARVIS informing them that their dinner had arrived. Clint volunteered to fetch the delivery as he was still thinking about his, Nat, and Skye's conversation from earlier and he needed to clear his head. Nat and Pepper went to get cutlery, soda, and juice for everyone.

Skye pulled her blanket off, sitting up, ready to go to the dining room when Bruce asked her what she was doing. "Getting ready for diner, Dr. Banner." She replied. "Uhm..." she looked around, standing up, neatly placing the blanket on the couch. "J, where's the nearest sink or bathroom?" Skye asked the AI. Tony was about to tell her that the AI only responded to being called JARVIS, when the AI answered, "The kitchen Skynet. It's to your left through the door". "Thanks, J", Skye said walking to the kitchen, Tony just staring at her. Just then Clint entered to see a dumbstruck Tony and a very confused Steve while Bruce just sat and smiled. "What happened?" Clint asked, placing the boxes of food on the table. Bruce laughed standing up to go wash his hands as well, Steve on his heels. Bruce stopped right next to Clint on his way to the kitchen, "Tony just figured out that Skye's hacker handle is Skynet, which is the same hacker that hacked him about a year ago" he said answering Clint's question, then leaving. Clint burst out laughing, saying, "a 7-year-old hacked you, Tony!" Tony only nodded then went to wash hands as well, Clint right behind him.

About 15 minutes later everyone was in the Common room once more, loading pizza on to their plates and sitting in their seats to eat. Skye waited until everyone else was done, before walking to the table with the food, adding a slice of vegetarian pizza to her plastic plate, which Pepper had given to her earlier. She chose a spot out of the way and sat down on the floor right next to the coffee table. Clint was about to protest when Tony cut him off, "Skye you can sit on the couch and eat, it's fine" Skye smiled at him, "Thank you, but I prefer here. I can't quite hold my plate and eat. The table helps" Tony nodded at her while Bruce walked to her giving her a pillow to sit on before retreating back to his place.

After about 20 minutes of eating in silence, Skye placed her empty plate with the rest of the dirty dished on the table, cleaned her hands with a napkin, and went to sit down on the couch next to Steve, giving him space as he was still eating. "Skye you can have more if you like," Pepper told her, knowing she only had one piece, as she was keeping an eye out to make sure the girl ate enough for once. Skye shook her head, "No thank you. I'm a bit full, that slice was big." Pepper nodded, and then whispered to Tony, "We'll have to save her some for later." He just nodded his head. He was about to offer her some more soda when he noticed her glass was still full, untouched. He didn't say anything but made a mental note to ask about it later.