snow ball [steve]

2022 EDIT: I CHANGED THAT FUCKING UGLY DRESS PICTURE I THINK I WAS GOING THROUGH A STYLE CRISIS AHH I'M SORRY

saturday, december 15th. the day of hawkins middle school's annual snow ball.

for some kids, this was one of the most exciting school events of the year. for others, the social humiliation seemed like a death sentence.

as for steve and i, we decided to help out along with nancy and jonathon. it had been a tough year with the demodogs and the gate, el being gone and will being possessed. so we were going to have one normal night all together.

because nancy's brother mike and jonathon's brother will were here with the rest of the party, we decided that this would be the perfect night.

the four of us were planning to arrive a few minutes before it started so we could get setting up.

i was wearing a white knee length dress, with lace detailing.

pairing it with some matching white heels, i decided that this outfit was a killer- and perfect for the snow ball.

after applying some natural makeup, some accessories and a squirt of perfume, i was ready and waiting for steve to pick me up.

my fashion choices were always a bit more out there than everyone else's, and i was always very extra.

soon after, i heard the doorbell ring and i leapt out of the chair and swung the door open.

steve was stood on the other side with his jaw pretty much on the ground.

"wow... y/n, you look..." steve stuttered with his mouth still open.

"like a snow queen?" i finished for him, and threw my arms out dramatically- to which he shook his head and laughed.

"a little bit, but i was going to say beautiful." i pecked his lips in return to the sweet comment, and we both walked to his car.

i didn't think it would still surprise steve that i was overly dressed for a middle school dance that i wasn't even really attending, i was just helping out. but, we may as well have fun. 

as we pulled up to the middle school, the lights were already on and music was being sound-tested.

nancy and jonathon were already there setting up, and we greeted them both.

"hey steve, hey y/n! holy shit, that dress looks amazing on you!" nancy compliments and gives me a hug.

"says you, look at your dress!" i gesture to nancy, and she gives a little spin.

mr clark approaches steve and i, since we hadn't been allocated jobs yet.

"ah steve, y/n! lovely to see you again." mr clark smiles brightly at us both, and we do the same.

"y/n, you're job is..." he runs a finger down the list on the clipboard to find my name. "you are handing out punch with nancy." i do a mini fist-pump in the air, pleased with my task and nancy high fives me. 

steve glances down and me and smiles at my gesture, until he hears his name. "steve...steve..." he looks at the clipboard again. "ah! you're doing clean up duty." steve's face fell harder than a rock off a cliff, and as mr clark walks away i started to crack up.

"clean up duty? seriously? that means i have to follow all these little shits around and sweep up after them?" i laughed even harder at steve's fed up tone, but quickly stopped when mr clark came back over.

but as he approached us, he had a dust pan and broom in his hand- those long ones on sticks that janitors use.

mr clark handed steve the equipment and walked away again, busying himself with more tasks preparing for the students to arrive.