win her back

parking our bikes near the entrance of starcourt will, mike, dustin and i all head inside the building.

max said she would meet us inside by the fountain, so that's where we went- but max was nowhere to be seen.

sitting on the bench, we continue our conversation that we were having on the way to the mall. lucas wasn't coming today, but the others never got round to telling me why.

"wait, guys you never told me- why isn't lucas coming?" i ask them, since it was weird for everyone to be here without one member of the group.

el wasn't allowed out either, but she could go over to one of our houses in the evening instead, so she wasn't always missing out.

"oh yeah we didn't tell you. max and lucas broke up again." will says with a sigh.

"you're having a laugh." i reply in disbelief. if they broke up and max was hanging out with us, then lucas would be on his own at home.

"no, she dumped him just before we left." mike answers me.

"what did he do now?" there always seemed to be a reason for max and lucas to break up, so i wondered what it was this time.

"you could ask her." dustin nods towards the front door, where we could see max storming up to us, looking incredibly pissed off.

"hey max, i heard about-" i begin to sympathise with her about her break up, but she cuts me off almost instantly.

"nope. i don't wanna hear about him. at all." max rages on about lucas. "let's just forget about him."

"okay, if you're sure." i say uneasily, and max was already leading the way to the first shop.

after a short while, max had cheered up dramatically. we were both in our element, looking at all the clothes and trying on everything in the shops.

obviously the boys wanted to complain about being bored and that we're taking too long, but they knew max would have regained her anger and torn them to shreds, so they kept quiet.

the group of us entered another clothes store, and i had veered off slightly from the group.

i spotted a really pretty dress, and practically almost run over to it- however someone grabbed my arm and forcefully pulled me over to the side before i could reach the dress.

the person pulled me behind a rail of clothes at the back of the store. i expected it to be either max, will, mike or dustin. or a kidnapper. but instead, it was lucas.

"lucas what the hell! don't do that again i thought i was gonna get kidnapped! wait, were you following max all the way here?." i whisper-screamed, to which his expression immediately showed confusion.

"what? no i was supposed to hang out with you guys, remember?" oh yeah. i forgot about that. lucas read my expression and continued on. "anyway y/n i need a way to win max back." lucas' tone was desperate and sad.

"for god's sake lucas, you only broke up this morning!" i was still whispering, if max saw me talking to lucas just after they broke up then she would be less than happy.

"i know! but i really want her back. please help me, y/n." his eyes looked really upset and lost, so i just had to give in. besides, they were a good couple.

"okay, you need to win her back with a big romantic gesture." i tell him, and he listened attentively to everything i said.

"romantic gesture... like what? get her flowers?" he looks completely clueless as to what he was going to do.