water fight [mike]

(i know at the end of season 3 some things are different, like el has maybe lost her powers and the byers and el have moved away, but for this just pretend nothing has really changed)

the hottest day of the year was slowly but surely defeating all of the residents of hawkins, who were all desperately trying to find new ways of keeping cool.

exhausted bodies of the party- max, mike, dustin, el, lucas and will and i- along with robin and steve were all sprawled out on the grass of steve's garden.

mike and i had been dating for about a year now, and so had lucas and max.

we had decided that steve's house was the best place to go since he had his own pool.

ever since we defeated the mind-flayer in the mall, we've all been inseparable.

wooden lolly sticks and empty cups that held icy water littered the ground around us, all of us too lazily and hot to pick them up.

blazing rays of sun burned into my back as my face was in the grass, finishing drying off my body from being in the pool.

the pool had been in use pretty much all day, but we were all exhausted and needed a few minutes to regain our energy.

feeling the stifling heat on my back intensify, i sat up and reapplied some suncream.

after my movement, the rest of the group slowly dragged their bodies off the floor and copied my action.

a wet slapping sound was heard as lucas threw a handful of suncream at dustin, landing all over his face and in his hair.

"son of a bitch." dustin leapt off the floor and onto his feet, beginning to chase lucas around steve's huge garden.

due to the sweltering heat of the sun, it quickly stopped the boys from chasing after each other and flop back onto the ground.

"hey i have an idea." max spoke up. "let's have the ultimate water fight."

mike turned his head to grin at me, liking max's idea.

the rest of the group agreed. since we were all in swimsuits anyway, we didn't need to get changed.

we all stood up and gathered around in a circle, mike taking my hand and standing next to me.

"who's going to be the team captains?" will asked, triggering the whole group to start arguing with each other.

"it was my idea, so i should be a captain." max says, which surprisingly everyone agrees to without an argument.

"i think i should be the other captain." mike stated.

everyone erupts into another round of arguing. eventually, steve settles us all and lets mike be captain.

"alright, choose your first teammate." robin tells the two captains.

"y/n." they both say in usion, and i roll my eyes along with the rest of the party as they start bickering again.

"she's my best friend, that's why." max argues towards mike.

"she's my girlfriend, that's why." mike imitates max.

"guys, stop. it's way too hot for you to keep arguing over nothing." i say, putting an end to their constant bickering.

"how about we do boys v girls." lucas says, scanning the rest of the group's reaction.

we all agreed and stepped opposite the boys, each of the teams start whispering tactics.