robin's sister [steve]

[2022 UPDATE: I WROTE THIS BACK IN LIKE 2020, SO IT IS IN THE SEASON 3 ERA, BUT I NEVER PUBLISHED IT FOR SOME REASON, SO HERE YOU GO! :) ]

.......

walking into the bright entrance of scoops ahoy, i saw my older sister stood behind the counter, looking bored as always.

her face lit up a bit when she saw me, i knew she found her job tedious, scooping ice cream all day.

but since it was summer and i didn't have a job or school, i planned on visiting robin at scoops ahoy most days- i had nothing better to do.

"well, if it isn't my favourite sibling." she says, smiling at me.

the two of us were best friends, we pretty much spent most of our time together.

we both did band club and had the same friends that we hung out with at school, so we were incredibly close.

"can i have a scoop of chocolate and a scoop of the peppermint stick on a cone please." i peer into the plastic of the freezer, eyeing up which flavours i wanted.

robin always gave me free ice cream
when i visited her at work.

"so robin... has tammy been in here recently?" she blushed deeply, hanging her head down while scooping the ice cream to try and hide the dark red colour on her face.

"shhh! keep your voice down!" she hisses at me.

"well... has she?" i question her in an over-dramatic whisper.

robin handed me my ice cream and shook her head.

"no, she hasn-" robin was interrupted by a tall-ish boy lazily falling through the back door, his long brunette hair squashed down by his scoops ahoy hat.

"robin it's your turn to take your brea- oh h-hey." his words stumbled out of his mouth when he saw me, and his posture straightened immediately.

robin's head whipped around to look behind her at the guy- which she just gave a smirk to.

he just stood there, staring at me.

"steve, this is my sibling, y/n." robin said, looking amused at steve's behaviour.

"hi, nice to meet you." i wave at him, my tone sweet and friendly, but he still looks slightly taken aback until he snaps out of his daze and starts talking.

"i'm steve, a-and uh, yeah nice to meet you too." he manages to force out, before walking back into the back room again.

i shook my head with a small laugh, confused and a bit amused at what had happened.

"yeah that's steve. that's who i was telling you about." robin had been telling me about a guy she worked with, and how he would always fail miserably at trying to ask out girls.

"oh, that's him? he actually seemed kinda sweet to me." robin gasped dramatically at my words.

"do you like him?" she fires the question at me quickly, it took me a moment to process what she just said.

she seemed to take my hesitation as a yes, and her mouth was hanging open in surprise and a sense of almost delight.

"what? no! robin i literally met the guy for like 2 seconds, and all i said was 'nice to meet you'. how could i like him already?" i rambled a little bit too much, and a pink tint rose to my cheeks.

"y/nnnnnn?" she elongated my name, poking my arm as she teased me.

"well he was kinda cute i guess..." i admit to her.