Chapter 22

"The circus?" Rose questions "I was there last week" 

"I know" Ciel shrugs

"You know?" Rose questions

"of course I do" Ciel takes a sip of tea "you're the queen's cat and I'm the queen's guard dog, it's our job. You got a letter and so did I, you left the open letter on the desk in the study, naturally when I arrived I looked at it even though it was addressed to you. Your letter also stated that she gave you a ticket, when I saw no ticket I knew that you had already gone and was working on the missing children's case"

"...you know you do talk like a rich brat" Rose takes a sip of tea

"hey" Ciel says irritated and Sebastian chuckles, Ciel looks at him "you be quiet"

"I have this case under control Ciel" Rose put her cup down and looked at him "I don't need your help"

"I'm your older brother, of course I'm going to help" Ciel says placing his cup down "Rosie, I left so I could control my demon side. I didn't want to hurt you or the servants" he sighs "I don't have the demon strength or powers you and Sebastian have, but we weren't sure what was going to happen, I'm sorry I hurt you"

"...I understand not wanting to hurt anyone" Rose says

Ciel stands up and hugs her "I'm sorry Rosie"

"I know" Rose hugs him back "I'm just so upset that you left me, I loved being able to run the company and do cases on my own, but it was too stressful"

"I know, i saw all the articles in the paper" Ciel kneels in front of her chair and smiles "but their was so many articles praising you on solving the cases, I was so proud to see what you were doing. Running the company and solving cases, just as well as I ever could"

Rose smiles "thank you big brother"

"I couldn't help but laugh at the photographs with Scotland Yard in the background looking annoyed, they were outwitted by a little girl" Ciel chuckles "they complained about us before I bet they're even more annoyed now"

Rose giggles "they are"

"So what do you say? Are you ready to get back in action with your big brother?" Ciel asks hopefully

"...I suppose so" Rose smiles "let's go"

Ciel stands up "you heard her Sebastian, get everything prepared"

"Yes my lord" Sebastian bows before going off

"The queen's guard dog and cat are back" Rose says as she stands up

Ciel smirks "and better than ever"