Jeno headed out first while the three of us walked right behind him. He sat on the driver's seat while Jaemin sat at the passenger's seat, leaving Renjun and I to sit at the back.

"Now kids, no fighting or the two of you can sleep on the highway", Jaemin warned us. "No buts."

"That's you", I muttered and Jeno bursted into laughter. "Just because you don't have one..."

"Jeno, I thought you sided with me?", Jaemin was butt-hurt.

"But that shit was funny", Jeno laughed, but then changing in a split second to focus on the road.

"Haha, very funny", Jaemin sarcastically spoke in English.

"You know where everything is, so no need for a tour", Jaemin said as we entered their place.

"Mei!", Renjun exclaimed as he picked up his cat. "I missed you."

He started to bury his face into his cat, showing affection towards her.

"I hope you get all covered in cat hair", I muttered.

"His clothes are always covered with cat hair", Jaemin said. "A struggle to wash."

"I know I have cats of my own at my parents' place but I don't want my allergy to act up", Jeno said as he swiftly made his way away from Mei. "I'm staying in my room until Renjun leaves Mei in his room."

"Renjun and I will show you the only room that you haven't seen, which is where you'll be staying", Jaemin said and we made our way down the hallway, the last room at the very end. "Luckily, there's two beds. We were preparing it for Jisung when he moves in but I guess you're staying here for a while."

They opened the locked door that they kept locked at all times. I never knew why and they never really told me why as well.

"Why did you lock this place up?", I asked, looking around the room. I placed the duffel bag down and saw a couple of boxes laying on the floor. "Perhaps, maybe someone used to live here?"

"Yeah, it's a friend of ours but he moved out around four years ago", Renjun replied, stroking Mei, who was in his arms. "He hasn't been in the best state after his girlfriend broke up with him a year and a half ago. He hasn't been contacting us as well. He changed a lot."

"What's his name?", I asked out of curiosity. "What was he like, if you don't mind."

"He was the happy pill of our group. His name is Lee Haechan", Jaemin replied. "We miss him a lot."

"That's sad", I didn't know what to say except for that. "Which bed should I take?"

"Haechan's bed is the one on the left, so take the right one", Renjun answered.

"Alright, I'll be staying here for how long?", I asked. "Did you guys tell Chenle?"

"Until we know that Dan isn't after you, that long", Jaemin replied. "We haven't yet. We're planning to tell him in the early morning tomorrow."

"Okay, I'll make myself at home then I guess. I have no other choice", I said, looking at the bed.

"Oh wait, I'll get you some pillows and sheets", Jaemin said and rushed out the room.

"Don't you dare put Mei down", I pointed at Renjun who was about to put his cat down.

"Why not?", he questioned.

"I don't like cat hair. It sheds too much", I told him. "It's a struggle to clean as well."

"You also shed your hair! You complain about it every week", Renjun argued. "Brush through your hair with your fingers and I guarantee you at least five hair strands will fall out."

"Fuck off, you try having long hair", I rolled my eyes. "At least I'm not balding like someone here."

"Oh now you just—"

"Renjun", Jaemin scolded, pulling on Renjun's ear.

"I'm the older one here!", Renjun was baffled.

"Go back to your room and leave Mei there", Jaemin ordered. "Better yet, stay in your room."

Renjun didn't fight back and took Mei took his room and didn't come back.

"Here's your sheets and pillows as well", Jaemin placed them down on the bed. "If you have any concerns, just knock on my bedroom door."

"Thanks", I thanked Jaemin. "You should probably sleep."

"Right, make yourself at home", Jaemin clasped his hands together and left the room.

I looked around and decided to not sleep just yet. I opened my duffel bag and moved my clothes into one of the closets. I didn't know why there were two, but I figured that they bought it for Jisung. I packed almost all of my clothes in that one duffel bag, except for my winter clothing pieces that were left behind. I wasn't the type to have lots of clothes.

"That's all", I talked to myself and closed the closet doors shut. I headed over to my new bed and put the sheets on, making the bed neat. "That's better."

I placed my laptop on the desk on the right side of the room. I headed over back to my bed and laid down on it. It was comfortable, but I wasn't used to this place.

"Fuck you, Dan."

[a/n: renjun and ahyoung frenemies agenda 😌 anyways take johnny and haechan's room for inspo for the room! keep streaming 90's love even tho ik that most of us are pissed at sm]