Reunion

This was requested by Katara_Voltaris

Katara Voltaris is her charcter and she gave me permission to use her in this oneshot.

It's a reunion chapter. I'll try to make it as tearful as possible.
----------
If the Order never turned up and everyone could have actually had a proper reunion...

(Sytren's P.O.V)
I walked into the smoke that hid the burial sight from everyone else. I looked behind me and Kayla was slowly making her way here. I picked up my pace and almost walked into Ingressus.
"Sytren, I'm glad you followed through with the plan," he said, looking me dead into the eyes. I quickly looked away.
Kayla was getting closer and closer. Two Voltaris stopped her in her path.
"Stop there," a young male voice said. I stopped.
"Don't be alarmed, we aren't going to hurt you," a female Voltaris said. I didn't know her name.
"Hm, you look familiar," Ingressus said, his attention going to Kayla. "Too familiar."
"How do I look familiar to you?" She asked.
"Gallaniara never said she had a daughter." She must've realized who was behind her. She slowly turned around and had shock written all over her face.
"Sytren, you didn't tell me this?" Ingressus hissed.
"I wanted to leave it as a surprise," I replied. Kayla gave me a deadly glare. Ingressus could do that as well, I guess it ran in the family. I kept my expression neutral.
"How is this possible?" Kayla demanded.
"That portal that opened in Mendoria, you can't exactly go through it with all of the power coming out of it. It'll kill you." Ingressus pulled out a small, smooth silver stone."This channels its power and it either revives you or kills you. It obviously revived me and most of the Voltaris."
"Is my father alive?" I spoke up.
"I wouldn't know. He died at Meridian, and was never buried because he fell into lava."
"And my mother?"
"If she was buried here, she'd be here."
"How'd you get your hands on that stone?" Kayla asked Ingressus.
"When I was in the Nether, not only did I ally with them, I also had a look around their territory. I found these in their treasure room and took them all. I don't know if Gallaniara ever received the one I attempted to send to her."
"I did," said who I assumed was Gallaniara. Kayla froze in her spot. "Abalyes never found out."
Gallaniara, you should've said something to me," he said to her.
"And how was I meant to do that with Abalyes with me?" Gallaniara asked as a rhetorical question.
"Send a letter."
"Look, she's like a sister to me and I tell her pretty much everything. I'd feel horrible for keeping it from her."
"Yet you hid that." She ignored his comment.
"Is Abalyes still alive?" She looked at Kayla when she asked that. Kayla nodded in reply.
"Get out of my way," a deep, gravelly voice growled. I recognized the voice immediately. It was my father.
"Tygren, seems like you found your way here," Ingressus said. "Was the soup too hot?"
"It was lava." His eye caught me. "Sytren?" I ran up to my father and wrapped him in a tight hug, my father returned it.
"Tygren, I haven't seen Bodelia yet," Ingressus said as soon as my father and I parted from our hug.
"She got one, didn't she?"
"Yes."
"She'd be around here somewhere then. I'm going to go find her." My father walked off to find her.
"What's happened here? Isn't this Old Voltaria?" Ingressus wondered, looking through the ever-so-slowly clearing smoke.
"Nope. It's New Voltaria. The Voltaris were accepted," Kayla said.
"That's impossible. The Voltaris are a feared clan."
"It was honestly surprising, after everything you started. Senn is the new Voltaris master." A smile lit up Ingressus' face.
"I knew he'd do it."
"Are you going to go see everyone?" The smile fell.
"How many are left?" I'm pretty sure everyone knew what he meant.
"Before 'this' happened, Abalyes was the last pure-blooded Voltaris, Senn and I were the last half Voltaris. And obviously there's Sytren."
"That's more than I thought."
"The rest are Ardoni that were initiated." Ingressus nodded and thought.
"We'll go see everyone."

"Senn, Ria, don't be alarmed," Kayla said carefully. I stepped into the room after Kayla. They looked at her confused until Ingressus stepped into the room, followed by Zinaida. Senn and Ria didn't draw their weapons.
"Ingressus? How is this possible?" Senn asked, bewildered. Ingressus quickly explained.
"Who's that one there?" Ria asked, pointing to the Voltaris now standing beside Ingressus.
"I'm Zinaida Voltaris." Zinaida chuckled."I was killed in the Tabora Crags by a thief that I had hired."
"Karma." Gallaniara entered the room.
"Gallaniara? How? I've got to go get Abalyes. Oh! And Katara," Senn said, rushing off to find Abalyes and Katara. Gallaniara was about to protest, but didn't get to. Kayla went up to her and hugged her.
Kayla whispered something to her mother. "Why did you keep that thing a secret from us?" She asked her.
Gallaniara hesitated. "I didn't want anyone to get jealous. And I didn't want anyone to know Ingressus was still contacting me."

Senn returned with Abalyes and Katara.
"Why won't you tell us what's going on?" Abalyes asked. Katara looked a bit annoyed at Senn.
"You'll see," Senn answered.
"That's what you've said every time I've asked you!"
"It's because you'll actually see why I brought you two here."
Abalyes stopped abruptly when she saw Gallaniara. Shock and disbelief was written on her face.
"How?" Abalyes whispered. "Wait, this is impossible. Did someone drug me?"
"Potions don't work on Ardoni Abalyes," Gallaniara said, smiling. She hugged Abalyes tightly and Abalyes returned it. She started to quietly cry into Gallaniara's shoulder.
"You don't know how happy I am to see you again. How?"
"I'll explain everything to you soon."
"Mum, I need to introduce you to Risana," Kayla said. As soon as she said that, Risana and Sterita walked into the room. Kayla put her arm around Risana's shoulders. "This is Risana, my girlfriend." A smile came across Gallaniara's face.
"I know right? It's amazing, they've been together for a while now," Abalyes said with a smile.
"What? You didn't tell me that!" Sterita half shouted, half said. Risana laughed at her sister's reaction.
"I thought it was obvious," Risana said.
Katara was frozen on the spot, just staring at her father, Ingressus, with a shocked expression.
"Father, how?" She asked, still shocked. "You died. How is this possible?" Ingressus smiled warmly at her.
"These," he pulled out the stone," their power is sourced from a portal in Mendoria." It almost seemed like she completely ignored it and just went to hug her father. To be honest, I don't think I've ever seen Ingressus show that kind of affection to anyone, ever.
"Since when did you have a daughter?" Gallaniara asked her brother. I honestly didn't know that Ingressus had a sister either. I could tell they were related by their markings. He parted from the hug.
"Since just before the Great War," he replied. I didn't know we were almost the same age. I think I might be a little bit younger than her though.
"And you didn't tell me?"
"I didn't want to relive the grief of... her mother." Gallaniara looked at Ingressus with a sympathetic expression. "Sytren's bastard of a father killed her." Luckily my father wasn't here to hear that. He was still finding my mother.
"I heard that," my father growled. Oh, nevermind, I guess he wasn't. I looked at him through my peripheral vision. But he wasn't the only one I saw. My mother was there with my father's arm around her waist.
"Bodelia?" Abalyes questioned.
"Abalyes?" My mother also questioned. They were both quite shocked to see each other. I ignored the coming conversation between them and hugged my mother. She was surprised to see me, but she returned the hug.
"Sytren, do you know how much I've missed you?" My mother whispered to me. I took a guess in my head and just simply nodded. I could tell my mother smiled. "Of course you know."
I parted from the hug and looked at Katara. She was scowling at my father. I didn't know the reason why he killed her mother. Fight or argument? Disagreement? I probably would never know. I walked over to her and hugged her, hoping it would make her feel better. And hopefully she didn't think I was like my father, because I wasn't. Katara seemed surprised, but returned the hug. I let go of her before it got wierder than it already was. She attempted to hide the blush that was slowly creeping up her face.
"Thanks, I appreciated it," she said quietly.
"You're welcome," I said with a mock bow. She smiled.

Honestly, I'm really glad that our family has been revived by this stone that they had, but will it ever be the same again? We had all adjusted to the fact they weren't here with us, and now they're here. Katara, Kayla and I were all orphaned during the Second Great War, and now our family is back. I really hope everything is going to go well.
----------
Some of you may have realized that most of this oneshot was the same as two chapters in 'Kayla Voltaris-Sendaris'. Yes, that is true. I copy and pasted it, then tweaked it so it would be in Sytren's P.O.V. The reason why I copy and pasted it is because I couldn't remember what they had said during that reunion in that book.

I think I managed to put Katara in there flawlessly. It was quite easy to actually put her in there.

Honestly, I don't think I made it very tearful. I tried.