Jessi's Turn

Excuse the mistakes
*
I walk up the steps to Chelsea's house. I ring the doorbell and Bianca answers. She lights up when she sees me.

"Jessi!" She smiles.

"Hello Bianca! How are you?" I ask. I know how harshly Chelsea and her family treat her so I try my best to be kind.

"I'm doing well. How about you?" She asks.

"I'm doing good. Is Chelsea home?" I ask.

Bianca frowns a little. "Yes she's in the pool. Did you bring a swimsuit?"

I nod and Bianca leads me to the bathroom. I thank her and change into my stripped white and black bikini.

When I'm done I head outside. Chelsea's in the pool with Brandon, one of her friends. They're laughing and she's splashing him. Wow. She's already moved on from Jake.

I set down my towel and sit by the edge of the pool.

Chelsea turns and smiles at. "Hey Jessi!"

I wave. "Hi,"

"Get in here! You know Brandon, right?" Chelsea asks.

I nod and dip into the pool. I swim towards them. "Can we talk?" I say quietly.

She nods. Brandon climbs out of the pool and walks towards the hot tub.

"What's up?" She asks.

"Did you see it?" I ask her, referring to the Games.

"See what?" She was playing dumb.

"C'mon, Chelsea. Did you see My Hunger Games?!" I say.

"Maybe. Why?" She says with a casual tone.

I look at her. "Well... If you want me to say it... Jake and Missy..."

"Stop!" She shouts. "It doesn't even matter. Missy's social life will be over anyways. I'll make sure of it. Plus... Did you see Brandon?! I don't even need Jake." She wiggles her eyebrows but I see upset on the other side.

I shake my head. "It won't even matter if she wins. Miss Wanna Be will become the most popular girl in school! If you try anything, we'll be lowered down the social scale!"

Chelsea thought for a second. "I don't care. I'll get my revenge soon enough. I am currently the most popular girl at school. Not her."

A thought popped into my mind. "What if she didn't win?"

"That'd be great, but we're not in the Games. We can't prevent that from happening."

"Yes. We can. Think about it. The best way for the people in the real world to support their faves? Sponsors."

"We're going to sponsor Jake?" Chelsea asks.

"No! The big Career, Jack. Yes, he's perfect. He'll get them both." I smiled at Chelsea. "I know how to keep us at rank of Queen Bees."