Chapter 38: Good In Me

Stargleam and Jazzsong ran up to catch up with the two cats.

"Your ripping me apart, Tigerkit!" Stargleam cried.

Tigerkit growled. "It's Tigerfang! Not Tigerkit! Get it right, mom!"

Stargleam drew herself back in fear.

"I'm going to live with Tigerstar and be mates with his daughter, Sleetfoot!" Tigerfang meowed, rubbing his paws together.

Then, Tigerfang, Tigerstar, and Sleetfoot ran away again.

Jazzsong's pelt brushed Stargleam's. "My love, what are we going to do?"

Stargleam hissed. "I'm going after them."

Before Jazzsong could argue, Stargleam had disappeared into the blackness.

Jazzsong whispered. "Go, my love. I will wait forever for you."

When Stargleam caught up to them, she saw Tigerfang licking a brown she-cat, who she guessed was Sleetfoot.

"Mom! What are you doing here?" Tigerfang hissed.

"I've come to bring you home, Tigerkit... errr... Tigerfang." Stargleam sadly meowed.

Tigerstar purred sarcastically. "Awwwww, how sweet! But I can't let you do that." Tigerstar brushed his whiskers on a delicate rock before crushing it under his enormous paw. "Unleash the fox!"

A fox ran out snarling.

Stargleam was still wondering how they allied with a fox in the first place, but she shoved the thought away and started running.

Then, Jazzsong, Fluffykit, and Firekit ran in.

"She's so weak that she needed back-up!" Sleetfoot teased.

"No, wait!" Stargleam yowled. "I want to join you, because... I'm evil now."

Fluffykit and Firekit buried their noses into Jazzsong's fluffy tail and wailed loudly.