Chapter 16: The Return

Gleamstar shook her head as she woke up from the nightmare. Firestar looked down, his green eyes filled with worry. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just had a nightmare, that's all." Gleamstar said. "And my leader name is Gleamstar."

The three cats started to walk back to Thunderclan.

"Stargleam you're back!" A tom said.

"No. It's Gleamstar." the purple she-cat mewed.

All the cats gathered around Gleamstar, except for Redpaw and Lakepool. They were sad because they couldn't be lesbian.

Gleamstar ignored them. She had more important things to do. "Lionblaze, take a patrol to tell Blackstar I'm leader now."

Lionblaze picked a few cats and left the camp.

The cats moved out of the way so Gleamstar could get farther inside the camp. She walked into her den. She saw that someone had made an extra moss nest for her next to Firestar's nest.

Firestar walked into the leader's den. His fur ruffled up, his mind thinking I hope I don't regret this. His chest puffed out. "I'm leaving Thunderclan." Firestar finally said.

Gleamstar scrambled to her paws. "Wait! Where are you going?"

"Well, Gleamstar. I've gotten older, and it's been harder to lead Thunderclan. Since you are leader now, I'm going to go be a rouge."

"Wait! No!" Gleamstar bellowed. But she was too late. Firestar had left already.

Gleamstar felt as if her heart had been ripped out of her chest.

Hawkfrost walked into the den. "It's okay, Gleamstar. I was forgiven, so now I can be with you."

Tears streamed down Gleamstar's face. "I-I know."

Hawkfrost curled his tail around the small she-cat. "Shush. All is well now."