Chapter 15: The Moonstone

Firestar looked at Stargleam. "Has anyone seen Brambleclaw?"

The Thunderclan cats looked around for the deputy. Lionblaze then spotted a dark brown figure. It was Brambleclaw, dead on the ground.

Stargleam spotted small tufts of black fur on Brambleclaw's body. Hollyleaf. Stargleam thought.

Firestar growled in anger. He then looked over at Stargleam. He sighed. "Stargleam, I know that you haven't mentored an apprentice, but you are brave and strong. I believe that you should take Brambleclaw's place as deputy.

Lakepool was busily dogging a hole to bury Brambleclaw.

Stargleam nodded in approval.

"Also..." Firestar continued. My nine lives are almost done. So you should be a leader also. Alongside me, this clan would be unstoppable! We will go to the Moonstone to receive your nine lives."

"Really?" Stargleam asked, shocked at the offer.

Firestar touched noses with Stargleam. "Yes. Really. Oh, look! The full moon is starting to set! Let's get to the Moonstone before it's too late!" Firestar continued.

But, before Stargleam could walk one mouse-length, she saw a nose in the bushes.

Before Stargleam could say anything, some Shadowclan cats jumped out of the bushes.

There was Blackstar, his best warriors alongside him.

Stargleam's orange eyes widened in surprise. "What do you want from me?" Stargleam screeched.

"Stargleam." Blackstar said. "You can't become a leader! It will be impossible for us to have kits together!"

Stargleam's ears folded down. She looked at her paws, tail curled around her body. "I-I-I have to, Blackstar. It's my destiny. You can't fight fate."

"No!" Blackstar yowled. "I don't want to lose you!"

Firestar and Graystripe looked at Blackstar. "It's okay. We loved her as well." The two toms said in unison.

Blackstar sighed in sadness as he turned away from Stargleam. The Shadowclan cats walked away.

Stargleam was happy about this. She already loved someone else, and she didn't want to deal with that situation.

Firestar flicked his tail. "Before we visit the Moonstone, who should the new deputy be?"

Stargleam thought for a moment. "Lionblaze!"

Firestar dipped his head. "Very well."

Lionblaze took most of Thunderclan back to the camp. Then, he came back later.

Jayfeather came down from the sky.

"Jayfeather." Stargleam meowed softly.

Jayfeather smiled. "Stargleam, you will be a great leader. I knew that since the first day that I saw you."

Stargleam was happy. She hadn't seen Jayfeather this happy in a long time!

"Thanks. That means a lot." Stargleam purred, nuzzling Jayfeather.

Then Jayfeather faded into the sky. Stargleam, Firestar, and Lionblaze were getting closer to the Moonstone. Stargleam shifted uncomfortably. She was getting even more nervous the closer they got.

Stargleam saw the Moonstone. She sat near it, close enough to lick some of the Moonpool's water. The Moonpool was round and shimmering. Stargleam hadn't seen anything this beautiful before!

"I'm proud of you, Stargleam." Firestar touched noses with the purple she-cat.

Stargleam purred gently. She licked some of the water. She could see starry figures appear before her eyes as her nervousness melted away.

Stargleam woke up in a starry clearing.

"Are you ready?" asked a cat from the shadows.

"Yes." Stargleam was trembling a little, but she had confidence in herself.

A bluish-gray she-cat came up to Stargleam.

"Bluestar." Stargleam whispered to the starry figure.

"With this life, I give you leadership. Use it well to lead your clan." Bluestar pressed her nose to Stargleam.

Stargleam held back a screech of pain. It hurt so badly!

Then, Yellowfang came up. "With this life, I give you courage. Use it well in hard battles.

Stargleam felt as if she was being attacked by Hollyleaf and Tigerstar.

Brambleclaw was next. "With this life, I give you power. Use it well to protect your clan."

Stargleam hissed softly. She wanted it to stop, but she knew she had to become a leader.

Whitestorm walked over. "With this life, I give you strength. Use it to become stronger to protect your clan."

She then got a life from Brindleface for motherliness, a life from Tallstar for swiftness, and a life from Stonefur for bravery.

Stargleam started to feel a little numb. Then, as she thought the pain was done, Leafwind came over to her.

"With this life, I give you knowledge." Leafwind meowed, pressing noses with Stargleam.

Then, another starry figure came into view. Stargleam gasped.

"This is Thunderstar. He was the first leader of Thunderclan." Tallstar meowed.

Stargleam could barley contain her excitement. She was so exited and honored to meet the first ever Thunderclan leader! "I can't believe it's really you." Stargleam said softly.

"Yes. It's me." Thunderstar said. "I will be giving you your final life."

Stargleam took a moment to breathe, then meowed, "I'm ready."

"With this life, I give you heart. Use it well to love, protect, and serve your clan." Thunderstar meowed with pride. "Now, it is time to receive your leader name."

"Wait." Stargleam meowed. "I don't want to be called Starstar. That would be mouse-brained. Can I be called Gleamstar instead?"

"Very well." Thunderstar meowed. "I officially name you... Gleamstar!"

But as Starclan began to cheer, darkness covered Gleamstar's vision. She saw blood being flung into the air! The blood smelled bitter.

Gleamstar saw the Dark Forest! They were attacking cats and taking over the clans!

Then, there was a silhouette of a cat, which was surrounded with golden light.

The silhouette then got closer, making it clearer who the cat was.

It was Hawkfrost! Once he came, all the Dark Forest cats. All the blood. All the destruction. All the fights. They were gone.

Is is Hawkfrost who is made to be my destiny? It can't be! I love Firestar, not him! Oh Starclan, what will I do now?

Hey everyone! I tried to make this longer, though it is probably bad. There may or may not be more words than the other chapters, but I don't know. Anyway, I hope you have a good day/night! If you want to, comment predictions or writing tips! :)

I'm not going to be putting word counts on many chapters, probably just this one. I'm so lazy.

Word Count: 1,028