Chapter 1

Now this tale is not for the faint of heart and you may think this for children but believe me it is not. So if you wish to turn back I won't blame you but if you wish to know the truth behind the Grim fairy tale then continue on. I will try to be as detailed possible so here goes.

There are some facts that the story did get right and some that it didn't. For example Ella's real name was Arabella not Cinderella. She was named after the most beautiful city in the Kingdom of Aurora. The fate of Ella's mother was also true. She truly did die in childbirth but in order to compensate for that her father spoiled her to death. And because of that fact I was introduced to story. I was not like Ella, with her large house and endless line of servants to wait on her hand and foot. For the first six years of my life I lived on the streets of Arabella, Aurora's Capital city. The Ruling Family (The prince's family) had made Arabella their home a good 400 years previous and it had slowly blossomed in to a bustling trade city. The City had become a cesspool of the insanely rich and the poorest of the poor. I was one of the unlucky side of the city's glorious people. I had been a foundling for a cramped orphanage. Meaning that I did not know where my next meal would come from and I had to sleep on the cold hard ground of the orphanage when there was no bed to sleep in. I could not say it was all bad, I had my one protector, the one who made sure I did not suffer the same fate as many of the other babies who did not get adopted. Phillip was only a few years older than I and at a whopping age of 5 knew how to care for me better than any of the adults who ran the institution. But that comfy lifestyle soon came to an end when the owner of the orphanage went mad and burned down the orphanage. Philip and I barely made it out of the flames and to this day Philip still has the nasty purple scars of the hungry flame. Philip and I were thrown into the city's underbelly and began what kids in our situation are forced to do, Steal to Survive. I could never know what Philip went through to make sure we were both fed at least once every three days but I could imagine. This was our life till Ella's father came into our lives. It was the week of the Prince's 13th birthday and Philip had gotten very sick. I with no experience in thievery had the bold Idea that I would steal food for us that week until he got better. This being said the penalty for stealing in Aurora was to chop of the hand of the offender and me being a mere chit of a girl, not yet 6 winters old I was plenty frightened for my first time out. I crossed the busy market place and the wheel of smartly dressed children who played in Arabella's Fountana. As I passed I remember wishing that Philip and I could be one of those children who didn't have to worry about food or a place to sleep. It was then I spotted my mark. A fat greasy bald merchant who looked as if he could not even see his feet. Philip had always said to steal from the rich and never the poor and to make sure that they would never be faster than me. I smiled at my luck. I crossed the square calmly like Philip had taught me and glanced at the man. He was turned the other way and with my nimblest of fingers I snatch two apples off the far end cart and stuffed them in my overly large stolen trousers. I thought myself safe and let out a sigh of relif. But it came too soon when a large hand grabbed me by my collar and lifted me off the ground. The old man was red in pudgy face his large greasy mustache curled back into a sneer.

"You think you can steal from me you little rat! I will teach you some manners you filthy little creteon! He yelled. He pushed his produce off a corner of the table and slammed my hand to the wood. He pulled a long curved dagger from his waist and raised the conniving blade to the sky. I shut my water filled eyes, pleading to the gods to save me from my fate.

"Stop! This is no way to treat a child" a voice cried. My eyelids shot open to see a tall, handsome man shining like gold. His chiseled features striking against the softness of his crinkled sorrowful eyes. They were a steely grey that matched perfectly with his dark blond hair. I had never seen a more beautiful vision in that point in my life than that of Ella's father. He reached down and pried my hand away from the vendor and pulled me towards him.