«27 - Minerva's True Intention»

I open the door to find.

...A monitor room.

"What is this?" I mumble, looking around as I proceed further inside.

There's ways to monitor temperature, ventilation, power, plumbing, time and a sky map.

Could it be that this room controls the entirety of this hunting park? And ventilation? Are we underwater or something? Well, it is Goldy Pond.

"Lucas! (Y/N)! This way!" Emma shouts, as she finds a doorway, "Look..." As we walk through the door, we find...

"...A lake? It's a Golden Lake." I mumble.
"Can't believe it..." Lucas whispers to himself.

"This is it! Our destination on the map," Emma takes out the pen and opens it. It reads, "Welcome to Goldy Pond."

Emma's eyes shimmer at the thought of Minerva-san leaving this for us.

"So he wanted to lead us here? Not the hunting park! This could be our way out!" I spit out.

What if this place was supposed to be a safe haven for escapees and demons found this place, turning it into a hunting park? It would explain a lot.

Plus, this lake is underground. Didn't think that would be possible, but after escaping the plantation, the impossible is all we've faced.

Is Minerva here...?

"Look! That cabin is floating!" I look up at Emma, finding to find a floating cabin in the middle of the golden lake.

"Amazing!" I say, being drawn to the mysterious cabin.

"What?" I look over to Lucas, whose hands are in the lake.

I dip my hands in and to my surprise, the water bounces right off.

"What's with this water?" Lucas asks himself.
"It doesn't seem to be water. You can't actually touch it." I assume.

"None of this makes sense..." Lucas mumbles.

The water is pulling back, bouncing off, then disappearing. What exactly is this material? I've heard of elements with similar properties, but they are either toxic or rare...

"I think we should check out the cabin. There must be a reason for being here and I think it's in that cabin." I suggest.
"Yeah, let's go check it out." Emma agrees.

We walk through the golden substance, towards the floating cabin.

"The water... looks like it's not harmful." Emma comments.
"I suppose..." Lucas adds.

We climb out and the cabin is, indeed, floating and not even a drop of the lake has stuck to us.

Truly amazing!

The cabin door seems to be unlocked, so Emma opens the door and we head in.

Greeting us, is what looks like an elevator. An old model, anyway.