«6 - Unmasking the Traitor»

Over in the the boys bedroom, I followed Norman and Ray. I thought they were checking for the ropes, so how come they're in the bedroom? Weren't the ropes in the dining hall? Either way, I listened in on their conversation to find out the identity of the traitor.

"No rope." Norman started.
"Seriously?" Ray scoffed, "Let's go check the bathroom ceiling, then."

"The rope in the bathroom ceiling was still there."
"Then it's settled. The spy is-"
"-You, Ray" I stepped back.

I realised what Norman had done. He told everyone he suspected a different location for the ropes. Emma and I were told the dining hall and kitchen. Ray was told the bathroom and bedroom.

I burst into the room controlled by my emotions and stared pleadingly into Ray's eyes.

"Why?!" I shouted grabbing my shirt. He hushed me...
I walked over and grabbed his wrist and stared him down.

"Explain yourself before I do something I regret, Ray." I commanded him.

When I stepped back, he grabbed his wrist. It was red. I was so angry that I didn't realise how tight I grabbed him. I left and went to the bathroom.

When I got there, I looked into the mirror... and smiled. Man, I really was great at acting. Although, I might've gone too far with Ray's wrist. I decided to get 'answers' from him or it would seem suspicious. What? You thought Ray was the only spy? No, of course not. I'm just a great actor.

I barged right in, Norman was nowhere in sight. Probably went to get bandages for Ray's wrist.

I got straight to the point,
"Answers, now!"

"I'm Mama's spy. Have been for a long time. And I don't have a single regret."

"Hah, just like a sheep dog to the Shepard."
"I blended in with the sheep and now, I'll become the wolf."

"Ray... you're lying..."
"What?"

"You're lying. You hid Little Bunny to help Emma and Norman. If Emma had found Little Bunny and you hadn't convinced her to go, she wouldn't have taken Norman with her and found out about those demons... Why do you lie?"

"Then what about you?! You say you hadn't noticed all the clues Mama gave us. You constantly hide everything thinking no one would realise, but I did. You knew all along and yet, you played along. Why? Tell me why?!" I flinch. He really burst a blood vessel there.

"Ray..."
"You're asking all the question as if I did something wrong."

"Ray..."
"You act all innocent when you're not!"

"RAY! I know! Okay...? What am I supposed to do?! How can I even live happily after that day. After I found out! Look at me now! I'm going crazy!" I yelled, laughing maniacally.

I was happy Ray finally called me out, it's just mean less secrets to be kept. I was glad Ray was still Ray. He was protecting them from behind the scenes as I was.

There was a long pause.

"What did you and Mama talk about last night?" I stood there acting shocked. I look down to the side.