23 | ɢιve мe ℓove

Start from the beginning

"Thank you," I told her before leaving the shop.

The next few days were filled with Jamie constantly pressing me about his present. He obviously didn't have the patience to wait until Christmas, and I found myself becoming eager to know what he got me.

So when Christmas came around, I was more than excited.

We had this family tradition of spending the whole day cooking dinner, getting dressed in nice clothes, and opening our presents at night. That way, we were able to carry on the Christmas spirit throughout the whole day.

Fortunately, my mom was sober (for the most part) to cook dinner with the help from Amy, Jillian and the twins who had insisted they needed to assist. Meanwhile, Jamie and I spent the day getting the house cleaned up for pictures and such.

At around four, we got an unexpected visitor which turned out to be Jillian's boyfriend, Ake.

He definitely looked like the rebellious time with spiky hair that was obviously dyed jet black, and piercing amber eyes that seemed to be staring into your soul. He was dressed in loose fitting jeans, a white tee, and a leather jacket, and he seemed to be wearing the same I'm-too-cool-for-this expression on his face.

Jamie shook his hand with a fake smile on his face. "It's very nice to meet you, Blake."

Ake gave him a cold, stern look with his golden colored eyes. "It's Ake," he corrected him.

Jamie smiled again. "Yeah, I'm not calling you that."

Ake rolled his eyes and sighed. "Whatever, dude." He eyes lit up when he caught sight of Jillian and he pushed past both of us - rather rudely - to get to her. He wrapped his arms around her small little waist and pulled her into a tight hug. "Hey, Jilly bean!"

Jamie's eyes widened in horror. "Jilly bean?" He repeated with exasperation. "I think I'm going to throw up."

I watched as Jillian and Ake began to swallow each other's faces. "I think it's cute."

"And I think it's cheesy," he spat. It was pretty obvious that he didn't like Ake, and that probably had to do with the fact that he had such a ridiculous name. "I really hope he doesn't stay around for long. He looks like a douche."

I couldn't help but laugh. "Then he's perfect for her."

It took a while for Jamie to register the underlying meaning behind my words, but when he finally did, he groaned. "You know she's only mean to you because she cares about me, right? Just like how I'm probably going to make Blake's life a living hell. Deep down, she likes you, I'm sure."

"Then it has to be buried beneath a lot of hate, because I honestly don't think she would even spit on me if I was on fire."

It was true, and Jamie knew it. Being overly protective of a sibling, I could understand, but Jillian's version of over protectiveness was borderline disrespectful. I didn't know why I had to endure her constant insults and put-me-downs, considering I had been the one to relieve her of her foster situation.

But maybe this was all a test from the big guy up there. Maybe He wanted to see if I was really committed to Jamie, so committed that I was willing to suffer through Jillian's antics. If so, then I was damn well committed.

"So, are we going to open these presents or what?" Jillian called out once she was finished making out with her boyfriend. She tossed her wavy ponytail over her shoulder and placed her hands on her waist, where Amy's old holiday dress hugged her tiny frame.

The twins perked up at Jillian's question. "Yeah, can we open them now?" Bryan asked me with pleadng eyes with Ryan peeping over his shoulder with just as much excitement.