The girl narrowed her eyes at him, fury burning in her eyes like a promise of vengeance.

"Jesus," Jade looked at him in disapproval. "You can be so mean for no reason."

She whirled around and left before he could say anything else, a huff leaving her lips.

"Jade, come on." He whined as he ran after her. "It was just a joke."

She entered a random empty room, which turned out to be a closet, and Nathan closed the door behind him.

"Don't be mad." He pleaded as he wrapped his arms around her waist and put his chin on her shoulder. "How can you stay mad at this face?"

"You do have a cute face." Jade grumbled, and he grinned. "But you can't be that mean to others, you could tell she was really hurt by what you said."

"I know." He groaned. "But it's hard to quit."

She turned around in his arms to face him, and she booped his nose. "I'm not asking you to stop making fun of people, because it's awfully funny to be honest. Just be a bit... Tamer about it."

He hummed in agreement. "Noted, candyfloss."

She smiled as she hugged him back and kissed his lips softly.

"I don't like making you angry." He mumbled against her lips. "You know I fancy you, right?"

"I mean..." He lips stretched in a smirk. "You kind of took a bullet for me."

He scoffed. "If only I'd known you'd be so smug about it I'd have let you get shot."

She snickered and kissed him softly on the lips. "We should go back."

He scowled. "Not yet." He protested as he tightened his hold around her and he buried his nose in her neck to take in her scent.

"Better." He sighed in relief as he broke the hug.

"Let's go, princess." Nathan chirped with a slap on her ass, and she snorted.

.
.
.

That day was truly weird.

Well, every day at the community centre was weird, the strange events ranging from discovering a naked man acting like a dog to a woman using her powers to create a cult.

But what made this day stranger was the way the ASBOs acted towards each other.

Simon had disappeared in the locker room, and when he came back he kept sneaking lovesick looks at Alisha while he shuffled on his feet in nervousness.

Alisha looked at him with raised eyebrow, annoyed by his behaviour.

"I'm going to the restroom." Kelly mumbled as she left with her hands in her bright orange jumpsuit's pockets.

She took care of her business, and the flushing sound of the toilets broke the silence in the empty bathroom. Kelly washed her hands and she checked her makeup in the mirror.

"Kell."

She jumped and whirled around. She sighed in relief when she found Jade standing right behind her, a strange look in her blue eyes.

"Jesus, Jade. You scared the shit out of me." Kelly sighed as she placed her hand over her heart.

"I'm sorry." Jade pursed her lips. "I just... I needed to speak with you... Alone."

"What's wrong?" Kelly furrowed her eyebrows in concern.

"I... I just..." Jade hesitated, a fearful look on her face as she nervously twisted her fingers.