- 7 -

Jade tiredly climbed up the stairs, it was two in the morning and she was exhausted and ready to climb into bed. Her head was still feeling a bit heavy since the storm this afternoon and it was worsening her fatigue.

When she reached her floor she stopped and gazed in surprise at the figure sitting in front of her door, his back against it.

Nathan raised his head and looked at her, embarassed. "Hey." He smiled sheepishly as he waved.

"How long have you been waiting here?" She asked in worry. "I've been away all night."

"Not important." He shrugged.

"Nathan, what's wrong?" She asked, seeing he was looking a tad upset.

"My mum kicked me out." He grumbled.

She stared at him as she frowned. His shoulders were a bit slumped and he was sitting on the ground in front of her door like a kicked dog, his green eyes avoiding hers.

"Get your ass off my doormat." She rolled her eyes, and he scoffed as he got up.

"Is this the way you're supposed to treat your only friend?" He shook his head in a disapproving manner, and she chuckled as she unlocked her door.

"Get in before I change my mind." She said, her warm blue eyes looking at him in amusement.

He walked inside her flat and slumped on her couch, exhausted.

"You already know where everything is." She yawned. "I'm taking a shower and going to bed."

"Hey, where do I sleep?" He asked, and she paused to think about it.

The corner of her mouth curled up in a smirk. "In the bathtub."

"Rude!" He blurted.

She laughed and winked at him. Surprisingly, he had no snarky comeback, he was just staring with a small smile, dazed.

"I'm joking, you can sleep in my bed if you want or take the couch, I don't care." She said before walking away towards her bedroom.

He followed her with a smug look. "I'm too tall for the couch."

She cracked a laugh. "How convenient."

After a quick shower she walked into her bedroom, and Nathan gasped when he saw her.

"That's my shirt!" He exclaimed.

"Oh, this one?" She asked with an innocent look.

"Yes, this one. I was looking for it." He grumbled as he went to stand in front of her. She was tall, but he was still a head taller than her. He looked down at her with a small smile.

Her soft brown eyes were shimmering as she looked up at him, her pink hair was wet and falling in soft waves with drops of water dripping and soaking the fabric of the large shirt she was wearing. She wasn't wearing a bra, and he could see the outline of her breasts thanks to the material clinging to her curves, and his fingers twitched, itching to touch her.

"Are you mad?" She asked with a soft voice. "I'll give it back to you if you want me to."

"No."

His fingers picked a wet strand of hair and he twirled it between his fingers. Jade could feel the intensity of his gaze set her skin ablaze.

"I like it better on you." He smirked, and she stopped breathing.

She wanted to stand on the tip of her toes and cross the couple inches separating them to press her lips against his, tangle her fingers in his soft, curly hair as her body molded against his.