Chapter 8

Diamond

I woke feeling refreshed but tired. The last thing I remembered I was the weird fight with Regina and Ken.

It hit me that I was still in the same house and I needed to find an escape route. If I could go back to INNOCENTIA ,I would agree that indeed the outside world was dangerous.

The door opened and all of them appeared at the doorway.

" Hi" They said in unision. Joan moved over and came to sit on my bed. I moved back.

" We won't hurt you Diamond,as Travis said,we are the good guys,we only hurt those who are wicked"

" So the man was wicked?"

" Yes Diamond, he's a kidnapper,this town is known for many kidnapping and killing problems,so we as a gang are the protectors of this place"

I nodded silently. That was why they were asking the man why he captured the children.

Joan took my hand.

" As at now,many bad people know you are with us,if you go they might kill you,so all we ask is that you stay here for your own safety,in case you want to leave ,we will figure out something for you";

After one year,I would leave.
I nodded .

" So we won't hurt you or kill you,just agree to be a part of the Diamante Gang"

" I...agree" I stammered.

" Good,now we would like to say sorry for scaring you especially Travis" Travis was staring at me.

I nodded again.
" Don't be scared, we will teach you all there is to know"

She pushed her hair back and I realized she had the same picture of a man in a painting on her neck just like the rest.

" What's that" I pointed.

She stared at Travis for confirmation.

" That's a tattoo,it's the gang logo,the man signifies.......our leader" Joan said and I nodded.

" Do I have to get that"

" You can choose to"

I nodded vigorously and smiled. Feeling satisfied,they left.

" Diamond" Travis called out and moved to sit on my bed. Note the tension.

" I'm sorry for my outburst lately" I grinned and held his hand. His eyes bore into mine. I really knew those eyes but where exactly?.

" Don't worry, I'm just not used to all this" I really wasn't. Wars in Innocentia were fought rarely as the whole kingdoms were at peace. I guess I couldn't say the same for the City of Hillgrove considering the gang life.

He nodded.
" So tell me why you came here on a ship"

I had to choose my words carefully.

" I used to live in London,but I decided to move here,our way dressing is just my family and I" a wholly complete lie. My accent was actually like a British but I didn't think he bought the dress idea.

All those ballroom gowns have been outmoded years ago according to the world book.

He nodded. As if noticing my hesitancy he stopped questioning me .

Tamina walked in,
" Dad wants to meet all of us at the Dinner"she left.

" Dad?"

" My step father,he is the real owner of this gang"

" Where are your parents"

He didn't answer.
" I'll let Regina come up here with dress"

He left me wondering how secretive he was. I guess we both were considering the lies I told him earlier.

I waited patiently for my dress.

Okay so lemme ask🤔
Do you like long chapters to make the book short or short chapters????.

Read
Vote
Comment

Please note that the cities and kingdom are not real ,just from my imagination....any resemblance is clearly coincidental.

I will be writing in third person,when the point of view are not for Diamond or Travis.