Chap 14

Jonti POV

"Jonti!"

I heard my mom scream. I got up and bolted down the stairs. I only saw my front door open and my moms back facing me. I then realised she was leaning over something , more like someone.

I ran to her side and my eyes widened in absolute pure horror. I just stood there staring at Kimora's body. Her clothes were dampened with her own blood. My entire body was completely numb. My anger boiled and my fists balled. My whole being started shaking.

This was too much. My best friend lay there dying and all I could do was stare. I tried to move but I was frozen in place. My mom had tears rolling down her cheeks as she desperately shook Kimera in a useless attempt to wake her up.

I could hear her shout at me but I couldn't make out what she was saying. My vision was blurred and my hearing faded. My mom stood up and shoved me hard, her eyes burning with fear.

"Call an ambulance!" She yelled.

The moment she said that my body was on auto pilot. I had to save my best friend, I couldn't lose her i just couldn't. I dialed 911 and they said that they would be here in fifteen minutes. I was so angry I screamed that she didn't have enough time. I slammed the phone down and ran to my mothers side.

I slid my arms under kimeras knees and back and pulled her close to me while I lifted her up. I started walking at a very fast pace. If I could meet the ambulance halfway there might just be a chance.

My mother didn't even bother to lock the house as she ran beside me. Her arms putting pressure on the stab wound to kimeras stomach. Her blood was dripping onto the street. Black and purple bruises covered her face arms and legs.

I turned corner after corner , ran down roads and got gaped at on the way to the hospital. I couldn't blame the people who saw us. My mother wearing her pink silk robe, me wearing only my sleep shorts and carrying a dying girl in my arms.

I silenced a sob and continued on. Realization hit me , I could very well lose the one person in my life who I truly loved , the one who would sit and watch horror movies with me even though she hated them , the one who would console me if I was upset, the one who always had my back.

I saw the flashing red lights. The urgency to get their attention was crazy. My mother screamed and waved her arms like a mad woman. Thank god the paramedics saw us otherwise they would've gone straight past us. They came rushing out the large red van. The one female paramedic took one look at her and pure horror melted onto her features.

They ushered us into the ambulance laying Kim down on the gurney. They placed an oxygen mask over her mouth and gave her some sort of injection. I grabbed her hand for deal life.

The male paramedic told me to try and talk to her but she was unresponsive. I couldn't help the choked sobs I let out, I was full on crying and I didn't care. I felt a small twitch in my large hands and gasped when I realised it was Kim who had moved her hand.

"Jonti...", she whispered so weakly. And just like that she was out cold again.

***

"Three hours. Three hours we have been sitting here and no news whatsoever!", I yelled impatiently to no one in particular.

I grabbed fist fulls of hair in frustration. Who knows what could be going on in there. My best friend is on the other side of that door on an operating table, possibly dying, and I can't do anything about it.

My mom placed her hand on my right knee. In all her attempts to get me to calm down none of them worked. She finally gave up trying to tell me that is was going to be ok. I actually felt quite bad for her. She was the adult so naturally she would think that she has to be the strong one. She puts on a smile but you can see through her happy facade.

I turned to face her and I pulled her into my arms. I closed my eyes and relaxed into her warm embrace. She stroked the back of my head and I held her tighter. Tears dripped down my face as well as hers. We both loved Kimera , she was like a daughter to my mom and the best sister to me.

Kim would often come and spend time with us on special occasions or even just for the sake of it. I can't recall anytime where we had rejected her company or presence.

My mom also knew about the abuse but Kimera begged her not to say anything. Only I knew why.

Kim wasn't eighteen yet making her a minor. Had she reported the abuse , Jasmine and Thomas would've been arrested and the house out on auction. Kim couldn't afford to lose that house. It was one of the only things she had left to remember her parents by.

By the time I had finished my reminisce my mom had let go of me and I saw a flash of blue in front of me. I looked up and stood upright , my heart hammering in my chest. My mom tightly grabbed a hold of my arm.

We both stared at the doctor whilst he started speaking," So , Kimera is finally out of surgery. The cuts were quite severe but we could stitch them closed. They will burn and sting but that is due to the depth they are. As to the stab wound she had to her abdomen , the blade seemed to have punctured her stomach wall causing a leakage of acid and other substance into her body. We managed to stop the leak and close it up but she will have to go through a great amount of pain until she recovers. In surgery I must be honest we lost her at lest three times, she lost about three point seven liters of blood making her very weak. Other than two hundred and eleven stitches she is doing well. She is in recovery right now and if you wish you may go see her."

After hearing all these things I was distraught yet on a high. She was alive and that is what made my happiness soar. The amount of stitches she needed just proved to me how bad it actually was. She ran from her house to mine with those injuries. She was so much stronger than I thought and I knew she was going to be just fine.

__________________________________

Hey guys, 

I am so so sorry for not updating , it's been quite hectic , holidays were hectic busy and I started school again so it's a bit of an overload but I promise to update as often as I can ♡

-vote

-comment

- follow ;)

Love you all

- Storm