Part 28

Kimera POV

I felt a stirring next to me and I turned over, shoving my face into the pillow. The opposite side of the bed lifted as kev got out of bed. I hear him shuffling around the room and after the door opening quietly and shutting thereafter. The room went silent again and I turned my face to the bedside table where my phone was lying on charge. Pressing the lock button the bright light bothers my eyes that widen when I notice the time. The room is pitch dark due to the thick curtains that cover the window. I get up gently and run my hands through my long hair. Feeling my bare feet hit the smooth, warm, wooden flooring and I stand up. Pulling my shirt down and fixing my sweat shorts, I walk to the window.

Opening the thick curtains, I reveal the misty green coloured sky which betrays the hour of the morning. The sun is slightly breaking the horizon and the waves are gentle. There seems to be no wind but when I open the window I feel the salty, humid air flow into my lungs. My hair wisps at my face and I relish in the feeling. Looking down at the beach in front of the house I notice a figure walking toward the waves of the ocean and I recognize the dark hair strands immediately, Kevin. A small smile graces my cheeks as I begin to walk to the door at a slow pace. Maneuvering through the enormous house, my feet padding quietly as not to wake anyone else. After a walk through to the kitchen, I grab the coffee cups that now occupied full cups of fresh filter coffee, and I walk to the back door leading to the beach. Walking across the large deck down the deck stairs and squishing my feet into the sand, I make my way to wear kev is staring thoughtfully at the peaceful waves. His tall, tanned and firm frame without a shirt was an appreciative sight for my perverted still tired eyes. As he feels my presence, he wraps an arm around my shoulder and kisses my forehead, frowning at the cups in my hands.

"I'd like to think that atleast one of those are for me but considering that you are up before seven thirty in the morning-" he left the sentence hanging in the air. I already knew what the rest of it was. I cringed at the hour yet grinned and to confirm his prejudice I take a sip from each cup. He laughs and I hand him one of the cups to which I received a silent thank you.

"Why are you awake so early?" He asks.
"I heard you wake up and I guess I got enough sleep anyway so the real question is why aren't you still lying in bed with me?" I smile taking a sip of my warm delicacy.
"I-uhm I couldn't sleep" he looks away shamefully, "bad dream" he drops his arm and he hold the cup of coffee in his right with his left in his pocket. I turn his face to mine and lean up slightly, thanks to his towering height he has to bend to meet me but he complies giving me a gentle kiss, I scrunch up my face "Morning breath! Gross" he chortled," As if yours is any better." He smirks as I gasp. I slap his shoulder and begin to run as fast as I could with the half empty cup in my hand.

His rumble follows behind me and I screech, running into the waves with the beast splashing after me.

***

The smell of pancakes wafts through the house as I slip the next few pancakes onto the plate I set aside. Humming the tune to Youth by Troye Sivan I danced around Kevin who was in the process of cutting up fruit and sneezing fresh orange juice.

" My youth, my youth is yours, sipping on skies trippin on waterfalls-"

I turned to Kevin in shock, hearing him sing, I watched as he continued singing moving around the kitchen fluidly. Finally he turned to see me staring at him in awe and blushed. "How did I not know you can sing?"

"The same way you haven't noticed that those pancakes are burning," Jonti says behind me with a yawn.

"Yelp!" I scramble to salvage my babies but it's no use. I pout.

"It's okay baby, those were the last two anyway, you made like a hundred anyway," Kevin says gently.

It even ten minutes later I hear Dylan and Jess bickering on their way down the main stairs followed by a loud thud and jess' maniacal laughter. Jess screeches and runs into the kitchen grabbing my arm making me lose my balance and thus landing us both of the floor, clutching onto each other for dear life.

"You clutz!" I laugh. Looking up toward the ceiling I see all four of the boys leaning over the counter, laughing at us, a perfect moment for the cartoon that is us.

"Right everyone grab fruit, pancakes and juice!"

Five minutes later the six of us were sitting in a row on the beach sand, Dylan and kev on either side of me, Jess next to Dylan's right and Jonti next to her. For now life was great. Pancakes taste great.

*****

Hey guys

It's been months and I owe you all the biggest apologies ever, I cannot give you any excuses and I won't and I just have to say I'm so so sorry xx

-vote
-comment
-follow

Storm <3