Chap 17

Kimera POV

I lay in the small hospital bed snuggled up in my big wolf that Jonti bought for me. I loved it so much because I felt lonely at night so I just cuddled up with my wolf whom I've decided would be called Omega. I felt really lazy and almost didn't want to open my eyes but the sunlight was shining through my eyelids. I groaned and turned over so my face was hidden in the fluff of Omega.

I heard a deep throaty chuckle come from my left at the door. It sounded almost...familiar? I slowly opened my eyes and lifted my head only to find Ethan standing against the door frame staring at me. I scanned my eyes over his tall frame. I looked at all his facial features from his black hair to his light pink lips, I let my eyes linger on them a few seconds too long before I continued down. He was wearing a black V-neck shirt allowing me to see a small bit of a tribal looking tattoo on his right side. He had a silver chain around his neck with no charm on it and he wore dark wash jeans and black vans. He actually looked hot. He cleared his throat and I snapped my head up to his auburn eyes once more.

"Done checking me out?", he smirked.

"Uhhh...I...uhm", I gave up and lay back down pouting.

He swiftly moved forward and in an instant was by my side. I looked up at him through my long lashes and saw him shamelessly raking over my body. It made me feel even more self-conscience than before. I still had the bandages wrapped around my stomach but my arms and legs were no longer wrapped up so you could see the crazy amount of stitches I had. I shuddered when the memories started flowing back.
He was still looking over my legs and my toes curled over. I attempted to grab the sheet that had fallen to the side of the bed and pull it over me. Ethan grabbed my hands and the thin sheet.

He placed both my hands in his one and then used the other to pull the sheet off completely. I struggled against his hold but it was no use, he was too strong.

"Ethan I-"

"You are so beautiful Kimera, you don't have to hide your body from me because it's perfect.", his eyes held such intensity that it made me blush. He took both his hands and placed his palms flat against mine. It was such a small gesture but it sent shivers down my spine. I couldn't believe this. Jess has told me all these school stories of her brother from their old school to ours now. I know for a fact he has already played with a few girls hearts at the school. Hey even slept with a few but when I look at him now, he seems like the most amazing guy. I am definitely infatuated but I shouldn't be, he's only going to hurt me.

"Why are you looking at me like that?", he asked.

"You just have a reputation and I don't want to be one of those girls that fall too hard and get hurt in the end.", I stated dropping my head to look at my hands that lay on my lap.

He placed his finger under my chin and lifted it up. My mouth parted into an 'o' shape when I saw how much pain lay in his eyes. I almost regretted saying what I did. Almost. I couldn't handle getting hurt right now, that was true, but the biggest thing for me was if he found out about my past, I didn't want to risk someone else getting hurt because of me. Not even Jess knew , she was told by Jonti that I walked into a glass door and she seemed skeptical but believed it eventually.

"Kimera, you know that I wo-"

"No Ethan!", I cut him off, "I refuse to be hurt by you. Please just leave."

I don't know why this hurt so much, I barely knew Ethan yet sending him away hurt like hell. He looked so hurt and my heart dropped, my eyes started to water but I choked my sobs away. I needed to stay strong. He made a reach for my arm but I flinched away and tears brimmed his eyes. I turned my head to the right , out the window, pulled Omega close. He sighed and actually sniffed a bit before rushing out the room.

Once the door shut I started to sob. Pushing away people hurt but I was only doing it for the better. It was what was right. Wasn't it?

_________________________________________________________________

Hey guys!

You probably hate me but I hope this little chapter made up for it! Omw!!! I have over 3000 reads , I am so happy! Thank you to all of you!

Enjoy and please
-vote 😄
-comment 😉
-follow ❤️

Love you all
-Storm <3