Don't Go Breaking My Heart

Start from the beginning

"Everything, Anne and I are good friends," I called out as we left the kitchen, giggling to ourselves as we walked into Gemma's living room, seating ourselves on her soft mahogany coloured leather couch, pulling a blanket over my legs.

"So, what is going on between you and Harry?" Anne asked, not skipping a beat as I almost choked on the wine in my mouth.

"What do you mean?" I sputtered, Anne scoffing at me as my cheeks blushed red and she just raised her eyebrows at me, wanting to know more about what was going on between her son and me. Hell, I want to know more too.

"Anna, darling, you are at his sisters house for dinner."

"To be fair, I have been here for dinner before," I protested and she laughed which made my stomach relax slightly, as I knew what she was hinting at.

"You've been here with the One Direction boys before yes, but never by yourself."

"I guess you could say that we are seeing each other," I said softly and a beaming smile erupted on her kind face.

"God I've been waiting for this," she said and I felt my eyes bulge at her comment, giving her a look that made her laugh before she elaborated to me. "Harry has fancied you ever since the two of you met all those years ago."

"When did he tell you this?" I asked softly, trying to hide the smile on my face as my cheeks matched the colour of my wine.

"He never had too Anna, you could see it on his face whenever he spoke about you or you were mentioned. I thought that this was going to happen ages ago, but I was clearly very wrong."

"Oh, well there you go," I said and she smiled at me again, making me feel relaxed about the whole conversation. I knew that when I went back to see my mum and Lauren that the conversation I would be having with them would definitely be a bit more chaotic than this.

"You could see it on your face too, even in the kitchen just then, it's really quite sweet actually. He also wrote a song about you sweetheart," Anne said and I giggled lightly as she placed a hand on my arm and gave me a squeeze with a broad smile on her face. "There is nobody else I would rather see my son with Anna."

"Oh, well, we aren't dating."

"What is taking that boy so long? Does he not realise he wasted four years by not saying anything to you!" Anne exclaimed and I laughed loudly, shaking my head at her before taking a long sip out of my glass.

"We both agreed to take it slow, we know how Harry can be with his emotions sometime so I did not want to rush him and I find it difficult to adjust to change, so we just wanted to play it safely and not rush into anything and risk ruining our friendship," I said and Anne nodded in agreement, well I hoped that's why she was nodding anyway.

"True, that boy can be a bit emotionally inept sometimes," she laughed and I nodded, laughing in agreement. "But if there is one thing I have learnt with my time with Robin, it's just to go for it. You never know how much time you have with someone and I know what you have with my son is special and I would hate for you guys to take things slowly and it just never evolve."

It was my turn to squeeze her arm at the mention of Robin, Anne giving me a thankful smile before we turned the subject of my mum and Lauren and how excited I am to see them soon, Anne understanding the pain of not being able to see your family whenever you want to.