“No, he would have told me that. You’re lying.” I spat, in complete denial.

            “Sorry Sweetheart, but your husband is the liar here.” He smirked, causing me to want and slap that smirk right off his face. 

            Suddenly it became hard to breathe, everything around me started to spin. Tears rolled down my cheeks and I didn’t care if Dillon and Jason were watching, amusement on their faces as I broke down. I hated Jace so much right now; I wasn’t sure how we were ever in love at this point. The mate bond had a lot to do with it and it broke my heart that the love we once shared and being destroyed by secrets.

            “You see, Jace is a man of secrets and no matter who you are, he won’t tell you. What kind of husband doesn’t tell his wife about his brother or any secret for that matter? He doesn’t love you and if he did, he would have told you about me.” Jason said.

            “What happened between you two?” I asked, holding back my tears. 

            “That’s quite a long story, which I don’t feel like remembering at the time. It will only get me pissed off and you don’t want to see me pissed off.” He replied, frowning.

            “If you want Jace to suffer, then I’ll leave him. Just let me go and I’ll go home to my mother and never see Jace again. You don’t have to keep me hostage.” I said, not even sure if I believed my words.

            “See, I can’t hold your word on that or I would let you go. My brother is very persistent and would find you and convince you to come back to him. This way is better because then he will suffer no matter what and finding you will be impossible.” Jason replied, smirking at me.

            “Please, you know I hate him right now, I’ll leave him. I swear.” I begged.

            “Love is a powerful thing and you could hate him your whole life, but there will always be that part of you that loves and stays with him. He is your husband and the father of your two children after all. And seeing as he is your true mate, that bond will keep you guys together no matter what. He will contact you and track you down with your wolf, since you are connected.”

            I buried my face in my hands, knowing he was right. As much as I hated Jace, I still loved him with everything I had. My mind always replayed the good memories we had together and seemed to forget the bad ones. My mind replayed the happiest day of my life, my wedding day with Jace. I closed my eyes, remembering how happy I was.

            My stomach was twisting and turning as I stood at the backdoor of the house, waiting for my cue to walk down the aisle. I just wish that my dad could be here and to walk me down the aisle. I hated that he would miss the most important day of my life, all because of Dillon. I stopped thinking about him and my father because then I would be miserable for the rest of the day.

             I couldn’t see anything from the angle of the door and where everything was set up at. All I saw were tons of tables where the reception would take place. I let out a yelp when the door flew open, my heart started to race as Zack walked inside. I clutched my chest, trying to calm myself down.
            “God, Zack. You nearly gave me a heart attack.” I shouted.