Chapter 42 - Gush of Emotions

Start from the beginning

Now that I have her within my reach, I have to gain the courage to spill my soul out to her without any more obstacles. Mamma told me that true love will always live dormant within our hearts until it finds the one it belongs to. Her name will forever be the one my heart whispers at night when all hope is gone. Once the soul finds its true half, it will eternally long for them. It will endlessly search for them, and only them.

"I shouldn't be in your bed, Angelo." She stated with an unsettled sigh.

"Why not?" I questioned, keeping my distance from her.

"I don't belong there." She mumbled.

"Bullshit!" My voice grew somewhat as her words cut through me. Is that really what she believed?

"You are the only woman who belongs there! You are the only woman that I want in there!" I sternly affirmed.

"Don't say that, Angelo." She shook her head, keeping her body facing the window as I watched her side profile.

"Why not?" I pressed, but she remained entirely silent. A silence that was irking at me by the second.

"Why not?" I repeated. "Tell me why Elena!"

"Because you left!!" Her voice echoed throughout the penthouse.

"You left and never looked back! You gave up on me! You gave up on us! All your actions have spoken a heck of a lot louder than these words that you are trying to spin now!" I could hear the hurt in her voice as she clarified her feelings towards me.

"I did it for you!" I yelled in reply, gesturing to her with my hands.

"Bullshit, Angelo!" She refuted.

"You deserve better, Elena! You deserve so much more than I could give you! You would be a lot happier without me in your life!" My body was trembling with the mixture of emotions coursing through me, flipping into a wave of anger.

"Ha! How humorous that the days after you left were the most painful and unhappiest." She derided sarcastically with an unamused chuckle, turning away from me once more.

"And let me ask you something!" She spun around abruptly in my direction. "Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, I should ask Elena was she wants? Ask her how she feels? No! Both you and my father thought you knew better! So, spare me your charming words, Angelo!"

"I thought-"

"Yeah, you thought, you didn't bother to confirm!" She cut me off emphatically.

"If you hate me so much, why the fuck are you here? Fucking leave, then!" I exploded at her, my emotions and temper getting the better of me.

"No." She replied calmly, glaring at me before looking out the window.

"Why are you here, Elena!?" I burst my next pushed inquiry.

"Because I made a promise!" She snapped loudly, her hands gesturing aggressively as she spoke the rest.

"And unlike you, I make sure that my words and actions correlate! I had every intention of keeping it! Unlike you, I had the fucking balls to put everything aside to be there for you! I had the balls to not run away, you fucking coward!!" She bawled out in absolute rage, grabbing one of the nearest decorative pillows from the couch and hauling it at me angrily.

I caught the pillow, staring at her as her scowl penetrated through me. She snapped away from me, looking out the window in an attempt to calm herself as she tried controlling her rapid breathing.