Chapter 6 - Playing With Fire

Elena's POV

I shifted onto my side as I flinched in pain. I have been tossing and turning all night on this stupid mattress, my back now aching from the way I had positioned myself. I might have overdone my reaction to him by cutting off my nose to spite my face, but he was infuriating me. His cockiness, his egocentric demeanor, those arrogant smirks, and not to mention his commanding tactics.

I rolled my eyes as I recounted last night. Clearly, I've found a pressure point. This very action tends to scratch at his annoyance in the most pleasing of ways.

I sat up, leaning my arms on my knees. The aura that hung around him was powerfully seductive. It was intoxicating, galvanizing, and strikingly appealing. The thing about him is he doesn't truly realize the kind of toxicity he carries.

I wasn't afraid. Getting kidnapped comes with the territory, I guess. However, the universe definitely hates me. Sending me a fucking attractive, panty-dropping Adonis of a man as my kidnapper. It's bullshit!

I heard the lock of the door turning before it opened, revealing the man that retrieved the first aid kit yesterday. If I remember correctly his name was Giovanni. He made his way inside with a tray of food. He lowered the tray onto the mattress, his eye examining my hand.

"We need to redress your wound." He spoke softly.

"I'm fine," I told him nonchalantly. "And I'm not hungry."

He raised a brow at me before a small smile pulled on his lips.

"I see why my cousin struggled with you last night. Word of advice, you're only making things harder on yourself."

"I tend to like harder." I shrugged my shoulders and turned my back to face him.

"Yeah, I bet you do." I heard his voice resonate around the room.

My eyes shot up and stared at the wall in front of me, keeping my back to them. His scent reached my senses and I found myself losing all inhibitions as I smelt an irresistibly seducing fragrance with spicy and exotic notes.

I quickly gathered my composure, evoking a more agitated side to me.

"You know, that was an extremely degrading and derogatory remark. Tells me all I need to know about you." I mentioned, sitting back onto the mattress while supporting my weight with my arms extended behind me.

There was a silence as I heard someone release a lengthy breathe, followed by some shuffling. Soon after, there was a smart black pair of Calvin Klein shoes in front of me. I kept my eyes trained on them, knowing exactly who they belonged to.

"Gio, give us a minute." His voice was intense and blunt as he spoke above me.

I heard his cousin leaving the room, shutting the door behind him.

"Eat." He ordered me.

"No." I diverted my eyes to the ground, turning my head away from his robust body before me.

He hummed while crouching down. His hand went to my leg, causing me to quiver slightly at his touch. His touch upon me had the same effect as it did last night. The same electrifying impact.

"Look at me." He commanded of me.

I scoffed, ignoring his request with my eyes aimed at the wall. His abrupt and hastened reaction caught me off guard as he grabbed my wrist, my weight buckling underneath me when he pulled on it. He pulled my body closer to his crouched form before grabbing my chin with his other hand, turning my face to meet his eye forcefully.