Chapter 9 - Confidence

Elena's POV

A few days have gone passed and it was now Saturday. I stayed in the room most of the time. I left occasionally and every time it was with Kat's coercing. Angelo would avoid me and I refused to eat dinner with him there. Breakfast and lunch I would take with me to the room and nibble on it. All in all, it's been fun...

I sat on the bed with my legs crossed, my back straightened and my hands open, placed upside down on my knees. I closed my eyes and breathed naturally. I tried focusing on my breathing, paying particular attention to the movements my body made with each inhalation and exhalation. Meditating was something I became accustomed to doing almost 2 years ago. My anxiety began flaring up and this was my way of dealing with it.

I tried paying close attention to the way my chest, shoulders, rib cage and belly all moved as I breathed in and out. I did not try to control the pace or intensity. I simply sat and allowed my body to do its thing.

I heard shuffling beside me which I tried blocking out. I then heard the dropping of something on the bedside table followed by another shuffle. I tried refocusing my attention back to my breathing. I had just entered the meditating state again, assuming I was alone, when a hot breath landed on my cheek.

"Having fun?" His voice whispered huskily into my ear.

My body jerked in a sudden fright, moving sideways and away from him. My eyes shot up, instantly sending him a darkened glare.

"Do you fucking mind? Don't you knock?" I yelled at him.

"Why must I knock to enter a room that I own?" He asked me with a quirked brow.

"Because you have someone..." I trailed off, pinching the bridge of my nose in irritation.

"You know what, forget it. What do you want, Angelo?" I opened my eyes and met his gaze once more.

I watched his eyes scanning over my face, landing upon my lips with a slight grunt. He then cleared his throat before continuing.

"Kat's going to take you to buy some clothes today. She was adamant, so, good luck." He raised his brows.

"Here's my card. Just swipe it and I'm not in the mood to argue so just fucking take it." He picked up a black card off the bedside table, holding it in between his index and middle finger.

"Kat also wants you at her engagement party, which I allowed. Got it?" He tilted his head and waited for me to either confirm or disagree with him.

I held his gaze, a simple smile appearing on my lips. I was about to speak when he cut me off instantly.

"You are just dying to counter me, aren't you?"

"Nope." I cheerfully said, getting off the bed and making my way to the closet, gathering a set of Kat's clothes to get dressed into. I walked back in and chucked them onto the bed before glancing up at him with my hand on my hip.

"Do you mind? I need to get changed." I gestured towards the door with my other hand.

"Don't stop on my account." He replied smugly.

"Get the fuck out!" I shouted, fuming at him.

He began chuckling with his hands in his pockets, casually walking out of the room. 

"Stronzo (asshole)," I mumbled underneath my breath.