160

harry and nova got back to london and have since went on nova's doctor's appointment together. harry had asked a lot of questions that day. what kind of medicines should nova take? when should she take them? how often? what's going to happen to her when she undergoes surgery? what happens after?

the doctor was very patient with him. he answered all of harry's questions and addressed every concern the couple had. nova was very thankful harry was there with her. she couldn't have gone through it all alone, she's realized that now.

nova was given a date for her surgery and was told that if anything goes south before then then she must immediately come to the hospital. the couple took note of everything the doctor said that day. when the appointment was over they thanked the doctor for his help and they left together, hand-in-hand.

the car ride was silent. harry and nova did not talk but it was a comfortable silence between them. the radio was on though it was on a very low volume. music on the radio plays lightly and nova hummed along to it.

"are you sure you still want to marry me?" nova suddenly asked, looking out at the window still.

"yes. what makes you think i've changed my mind?" harry said, looking over to her for a second before he turned his attention back on the road.

"nothing. i just want to make sure because i think i want to marry you before i undergo surgery." she decided.

"i see. is there a particular reason why?" he wondered. he's always curious about the things that go on in her head. she's got a very creative and curious mind.

"i might not make it after that or i might not make it through it. something bad could happen to me while the operation is in motion. if that's the case then i want to have been married to you already." she simply stated.

harry stopped the car. he parked it on the side of the road so he doesn't end up crashing it. his breathing sped up and he gripped the steering wheel tightly.

"i hear you, baby. i want to marry you as soon as possible. but god damn it! stop saying things like that, alright? i don't like hearing you say that you'll leave. you won't. i'll make sure of it." he frustratingly spoke while running a finger around his curls.

"i'm just being practical, h." she reasoned.

"well don't." he snapped, glaring at her. she frowned.

"i'm sorry. don't be mad." she brought her hand up to touch his bicep and he immediately relaxed. her touch always calmed him down.

"i'm not mad. i'm just—i don't like hearing these things from you, okay? you'll make it. we'll make it." he asserted. she smiled. she knows she hasn't been thinking positively about her situation. she always assumes the worst because it's easier than having to think positively only for it to end negatively. she liked that he's been optimistic throughout everything but she knows deep inside he's also thinking about the things that could go wrong.

"i'll try to see the brighter side of things but it's really hard for me. i hope you understand that." she muttered as tears started to stream down her face.

"oh, baby, baby." he hushed, his hand coming up to wipe away the tears on her face.

"i'm sorry for crying." she whispers.

"don't be. i understand. i love you. i'm sorry." he smiled lightly.

"it's okay if you don't want to get married immediately. i was just letting the negative thoughts get in my way. we can do it after my operation." she suggested and he shook his head.

"no. let's get married before it. i want to start spending the rest of our lives together as soon as possible." he leaned closer to her to kiss her. she closed her eyes and kissed him back. the taste of him on her tongue is something she always loved and he loved the taste of her too. they can never get enough of each other. they pulled away from one another after kissing for a moment to look into each other's eyes. harry then placed a kiss on nova's forehead and the action made her smile. soon after, harry drove off again and the couple went home.