134

the first thing harry sees when he wakes up is nova sitting on a chair beside his hospital bed. she's sleeping with her head hung low and it seems as if the position she's in is really uncomfortable. most of her hair was covering her face and you could only see a glimpse of her. she looks tired, but to harry, she looks beautiful nonetheless. he smiles. this is the first time he's seeing her in over 2 months.

harry just keeps looking at her. he can't help it. she's beautiful and he missed her. nova stirs a bit, she opens her eyes and raises her head, her right hand coming up to massage the back of her neck. when she sees he's awake and looking at her, a worried expression enters her face but he's just smiling at her.

"hey, is everything alright? do you need something? i'll call the nurse." nova rushes her words, feeling really concerned.

"don't call the nurse. everything's fine. i just want to keep looking at you." harry replies, the smile on his face never leaving.

"oh, okay." was all nova says before speaking again, "if you don't mind me asking, though, what happened?"

"i don't mind." harry assures. "well, you told me not to drive to yours drunk so i called one of my drivers but i couldn't reach him. then i decided i'll just walk because i really wanted to see you. when you said we could talk, i just couldn't wait another day. i missed you so much."

harry pauses before continuing, "while i was walking three lads came up to me asking for my wallet and mobile. i refused so they started beating me up. if i recall correctly, one of them pushed me down and then all of them started kicking me on my stomach and ribs. i blacked out after that."

nova was crying by the end of harry's narrative. if she hadn't texted him while he was drunk, he wouldn't have ended up in the hospital with broken ribs. this was all her fault.

"hey, hey, baby. why are you crying?" harry confusedly asks.

"it's my fault. if i hadn't texted you, you wouldn't have been out of your house. i'm sorry." nova sniffles.

"baby, it's not your fault. if i remember correctly, you told me to stay at home. if this is anyone's fault, it's mine." he speaks. "i'm kind of glad this happened, though."

nova raises her eyebrows at his statement. "it brought you to me." she frowns and hits him lightly on the arm. he laughs.

there was silence between the two of them after that. they just look at each other. harry missed her so much. her bubbly self, her beautiful mind, her funny jokes. he missed her presence. he missed everything about her.

nova doesn't know what to say while harry has everything to say. so he starts to talk.

"i'm sorry." he starts, "i know i shouldn't have lied. i know i've broken your trust. please don't give up on us, on me. please tell me how i can fix us?"

nova inhales before speaking, "it hurt me when you lied and i just don't want you to lie to me ever again. i want you to know that you can trust me. in return, i'll give you my full trust. that's how this works, you know. we trust each other and we tell each other everything."

"i hear you loud and clear. i want you to know that i trust you and it wasn't you who was the problem. it was me. i was selfish. i shouldn't have lied, i should've told you. i'm sorry. i know i have overused those words but i truly am sorry." he expresses. he could only hope that she'll forgive him.

"you don't have to go through and do things alone, harry. that's why i'm here. we help each other. and i want you to clear everything in your head. i want to know if you are still in on us a hundred percent, because i am." she points. she knows she loves him so much and she's willing to give everything she has for him. she only hopes he feels the same. she'd be broken if he didn't.

"you know you also told me that before. that we can talk when i clear up everything in my head but i didn't need to do that. i don't need to." he utters with a smile while shaking his head. "i am in this with you a hundred, a thousand, a million percent. i don't care. but i am in this. everything is clear in my head, nov. i know who i want and i know that it's you." he claims and it's true.

harry decides that it's nova he wants all along, all this time. but even before all this drama happened, he has already made up his mind. he knew she was the one for him. he knew she was someone he wants to spend his life with, someone he can count on, someone he can love and who will love him back wholeheartedly.

nova lips curve up into a smile. "you're who i want, too. but you have to promise no more lies and we tell each other everything. communicate with my, har."

harry brings his hand up to touch nova's face and she leans in closer to him to allow him to caress her cheek. she reaches for harry's hand on her cheek and then brings it close to her lips so she could kiss it. the action makes harry smile but think that he doesn't deserve her.

"i don't deserve you. but i promise i will do anything and everything you ask of me because i want to be the man you deserve. i love you and i'm up for anything if it means i get to keep you and have a future with you." harry states and tears fall down nova's face. he wipes it with his fingers and tells her not to cry, but they're not sad tears. they're happy ones. really happy ones.

by the end of the day, the couple could not be separated. they were almost tied to the hip. the nurses came in to check on harry and told nova that visiting hours were over. she didn't want to leave him yet, but she had to. she promised that she'll be back tomorrow morning, though. she then brings his hand up to her mouth to place a soft kiss on it but before letting go of her hand, he pulls her closer to him and kisses her hard on the lips. he missed the taste of her mouth and the soft caress of her tongue. he really missed everything about her and everything they used to do. he wonders how he could fuck things up with this girl when she was all he could ever want.

before the kiss could lead to something steamier, the both of them pull away from each other and then he pecks her lips one last time before letting her go. nova then exits the room, looking back one last time and waving before disappearing in harry's sight.

and just like that he is left thinking about her. like he always does. the boy is whipped.

*

you wanted the full details... there it is :)

our babies are back together!!! love is not lost after all ✊🏼