11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

──-ˋˏ☂︎ˎˊ-──

FREYA BIT her lip as she combed the knots out of her damp hair, staring at herself in the reflection of the mirror. With Diego in jail, Five recovering, and no sign of Vanya, she had worried herself all night until she'd gotten sick. There was still no public news on what was happening with Diego—she didn't know whether she was relieved or not.

Diego said he wasn't responsible for this murder, and she wanted to believe him. No matter how much they argued, Diego was still a good person, as much as it pained her to admit it. He was one of the best, his heart was too big. But at the same time, she knew how angry he could get. She'd seen countless times how reckless he was when he was scared or mad, and that's what worried her.

She had refused to return to her flat that night, after the entire attic situation, Freya did not want to be alone. She didn't even know other people knew she existed. The Hargreeves' couch was farthest from comfortable, especially after the remembrance that she and Allison had just cleaned off Five's blood earlier that day.

A sudden knock at the door made her jump, and it swung open to reveal Klaus. "Hey bitch."

Freya scowled, dropping her brush. "What if I was taking a massive shit?"

Klaus shrugged, the bell in his hand ringing quietly as he did. "I would've smelt it."

"You're disgusting."

"Come with me," he ordered, grabbing her by the arm and pulling her out of her room. "You were passed out by the time this happened, so I know you'll want to see this."

"See what?"

It was a relief to see that mischievous grin of his again, but as usual, she was suspicious when it came to his pranks.

He started to wave the bell around in his free hand, the sound echoing throughout the quiet house. Klaus led her to the end of the hallway, coming to stop in front of Luther's closed door. "Wakey, wakey! Eggs and bakey!"

Freya held back an obnoxious laugh as Luther pulled open his door, he was wearing nothing but a blanket tied around his waist.

"There's the boy!" Klaus mused, grinning from ear to ear. "Someone pulled a disappearing act last night, what kind of mischief did you get into?"

"No, really," Freya cut in, her mouth wide with a smile as she nodded her head towards the direction of Luther's room, gesturing to the naked girl who had pushed herself up from his bed. "What did you get into?" Klaus snickered loudly from next to her, but Luther scowled at the two of them. He quickly shut his bedroom door. "Someone got laid!"

"Don't be shy, big guy," Klaus told him. "You needed it. Not a lot of ladies on the moon, I assume. And all that...pressure resting on those...hairy shoulders."

"Klaus, enough," Freya demanded. "You forgot to mention his big hairy chest."

Klaus snorted, the pair leaning against each other with laughs, but Luther didn't seem amused at all. "Stop," he shook his head, almost guilty, his face beat red. Freya's jaw dropped, an she shared a look with the other boy.

"Wait," Klaus muttered. "Is this like your...No way!"

"We are not having this discussion."

"I think we should!" Freya announced. "She popped your cherry. This is a big deal."

Klaus gasped dramatically. "Now you're gonna have to marry her!"

Freya nearly fell over with a laugh.