08

CHAPTER EIGHT

──-ˋˏ☂︎ˎˊ-──

"THREE DAYS?" Allison repeated , her voice clouded in disbelief. The four of them sat in the living room the next morning as Luther delivered the news. Freya took a sip from her mug and watched everyone's expressions change.

"That's what Five said," Luther replied, taking the cup of coffee from Allison.

"The old bastard did mention the apocalypse, come to think of it," Klaus mused. "He just left out the part about how soon."

"But can we trust him?" Allison asked. "I mean, I don't know if you've noticed, but Five's a little..."

Klaus chuckled. "Our little psycho."

"He seemed pretty legit," Freya stated. "I mean, from what he told us, he said all of us died. He spent all that time alone, too. That's gotta be traumatizing, you know, seeing your entire family dead. I believe him."

"He was pretty convincing," Luther agreed. "If he wasn't trying to stop an apocalypse from happening, those two lunatics wouldn't be chasing him."

"That's why they were after him?" Diego questioned from the couch, his eyes narrowed.

"Yeah."

"Wait, wait," Klaus ordered. "Can we go back to what Freya just said?"

"What did I say?"

"That, I dunno, we all died!"

"Apparently," Luther corrected. "That's what he said happens the first time around."

"Great," Klaus muttered. "We all die. Wonderful way to start my morning."

"Hey," a familiar voice rang out, stopping the chatter between all of them. Freya glanced over to see Vanya standing with a man she didn't recognize. "What's going on?"

"It's a family matter," Allison answered, and Freya immediately scowled.

"Uh, that's rude," she commented. "Vanya, there's a seat open next to me if you want it."

"No," Vanya shook her head. "It's a family matter, and I obviously wasn't included for a reason."

"Allison, you realize you sound insane right?" Freya asked. "Why am I welcome and Vanya isn't?"

"It's not like that," Allison interrupted, slowly making her way over to the brunette. "I'll fill you in later when we're alone."

"Please, please don't bother. And I'll make sure to do the same."

"Vanya, that's not fair," Allison said.

"Fair?" She echoed. "There's nothing fair about being your sister. I have been left out of everything for as long as I can remember. I used to think it was Dad's fault. But he's dead. So it turns out you're the assholes." With one last sour look, she spun on her heel and left the house.

"Ouch," Klaus mumbled.

Allison sighed. "I'm gonna go find her, and explain."

"There isn't time," Luther called out, making her stop. "Now, there are loads of possibilities. Nuclear war, asteroids. But I'm thinking this is about the moon, right? Dad must've sent me up there for a reason."

"Probably just so he didn't have to hear your voice, or see your face," Freya said. "But continue."

With an eye roll, Luther went on. "I was giving him daily updates on the conditions, I sent him field samples. So the first thing we need to do, is find his research."