It's so rare that people reject their mate, so of course he never considered it. He still won't do it, even if it takes him a lifetime to make Jungkook be with him.

"What should I do?" he questions. There's probably only one person on the entire planet who'll be able to get Jungkook out of his comfort zone right now, and that's Jin.

The elder taps his chin as he considers the different options. He doesn't want to force Jungkook into anything, but he's certain the boy is craving his mate just as much as Taehyung is.

"To be honest, I think you should let him come to you," Jin starts, "when he got here he was terrified of me. Would run whenever I got to close and I couldn't sit by the dinner table with him, he wouldn't eat if I did." Jin remembers clearly how much he struggled. He was young and suddenly had to take care of a child that would barely look at him for half a year.

"But... I don't know if I can hold for that long," Taehyung says. Both mentally, but also physically there's a lot of struggles with being away from your better half.

"I know, that's why I think you should come here some more. I'll give you some free snacks once in a while, at some point Jungkook will start craving you too. Enough to make him talk to you. If there's something I have learned from raising Jungkook, it's patience. You're going to need a lot of it."

Jin chuckles when a pout forms on Taehyung's lips. The boy nods and starts thinking how he should handle this. It's not going to be easy for him, but he will wait for Jungkook if he needs too. 

"Thanks Jin, I'll do my best to be patient with him," he states with a determined expression on his face.

"I'm glad to hear that."

_________

Just like that, Taehyung started living his life just the way he would have back in his old town. He got closer with some of his classmate, Jimin and his mates to be specific. They have been hanging out a lot, both in a social way but they have also been helping each other study.

Meeting Yoongi and Hoseok was an interesting experience for Taehyung. To be honest, there couldn't be a bigger difference between the two mates. Maybe that's why they are perfect together with Jimin.

Hoseok is an alpha. He might not look like it, but when you get to know him he's stronger both mentally and physically than anyone could have predicted. He's also constantly happy and just speared this aura of joy wherever he goes. 

Yoongi is a beta, even though he seems like an alpha. He has that grumpy personality that only goes soft for his mates, mixed with a bad-boy outside that would make any omega weak to their knees. For some reason, Taehyung feels like the roles in that relationship has been switches differently from personality, but again, it just makes them fit even better together.

Back to the whole mate thing, Taehyung has been visiting the store as much as possible. Jungkook has been hiding whenever he wasn't forced outside to the desk to take orders. Jin has been helping a lot, giving Taehyung hints about some of the things Jungkook has been saying.

Taehyung is currently making his way towards the small place. He enters without much thought and immediately calms down by the amazing scent of Jungkook. He heads inside and sits down by the familiar table. He has been here so many times now that he almost has his own personal table. 

"Hey, Taehyungie," Jin smiles as he sees Taehyung sit down. He just got Jungkook started on a new plate of cakes when he smelled Taehyung enter the cafe.

"Hey Jin-hyung," Taehyung greets back with a smile. He's glad Jin is being so kind and open to him.

"What do you want to try today?" Jin requests. Taehyung has been trying out all kind of desserts, wanting to get the most out of coming here. It's not good for his body, but to be honest he doesn't really care. He's eating healthy otherwise, so it shouldn't be a problem.

"Actually, I want to have the one you gave me last time. The cupcake one," Taehyung explains. He fell in love with that cake, it was honestly so good. Jin smiles and nods, turning around to grab the said dessert.

He brings it to Taehyung's table and the younger immediately get water in his mouth from the mare scent of freshmade cake. The muffin in itself doesn't look like much. It only has a thin layer of purple glaze on it and some sprinkle on it, but Taehyung likes it nonetheless.

"I hope you enjoy then, I'll note this as your favorite," Jin winks at him before heading back inside the kitchen. Taehyung hums in delight as he starts enjoying the delicious treat.

Jin closes the door behind him and smiles at Jungkook who's pacing back and forth, waiting for the cakes to be done. It's clear that his body is restless when his mate is so close, it's something that has been bothering him all this time that Taehyung has been visiting them.

That's what makes Jin almost smirk. This is the perfect way to get Jungkook to realize that he can't live without affection from his mate.

"He likes the cookie-dough muffins," the elder explains and Jungkook halts to look at him. Jungkook is often the one who decorates the cakes, cookie-dough muffines being one of them. It's never one he has spent a lot of time on since they are more expensive, therefore not as many people buy them.

"H-He does?" 

"Yeah, he has been trying out a lot of different stuff lately, but apparently he found his favorite," Jin says, holding back his tone of voice that's dripping with hints. Jungkook bites his lip as he looks at the cake in the oven. He fiddles a little with his hands as his eyes hesitently turns back to his father.

"D-Do you think he's going to be ordering that from now on?" 

Jin chuckles at how hesitant and timid Jungkook is when talking, knowing that his mate is right outside that door.

"I'm sure he will," the elder confirms and pats Jungkook's shoulder. He feels his heart warm up when a smile appears on Jungkook's pink lips.

"Great."