Chapter 27 - The Date

Start from the beginning

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

I already reached Bella's house. I got out of my car. I walked to the door. When I reached it, I knocked on it. I waited for a while and soon enough, the door opened. Charlie was the one who opened the door again. He looked sternly at me.

"Good evening Chief Swan. Is Bella ready to go?" God this is terrifying than before.

"She said that she'll be down in a few minutes, just enough time for me to ask you a few questions. Come in." Charlie said then he gave way for me to enter. Why do I have a feeling that this happened before? Am I experiencing some déjà vu?

I came in and went inside. Charlie led me to the living room. Then he motioned me to sit on the couch while he sat in the recliner. We both remained silent. Seriously, am I really experiencing some déjà vu?

"So Edward, are you now really trying to date my daughter?" Charlie asked again. But this time, I gave a different answer.

"Yes, Sir. I am..." God, I feel like my feet are on ice.

"So what made you decide that this is the right time?"

"Sir, I just thought that this is the right time for me to admit my feelings for her. I just don't want to keep any more secrets from her. I definitely want to be true to her. But if she's not ready to be my girlfriend, I can wait. But if she doesn't want to be my girlfriend... then I'll settle for our friendship." I said truthfully. Charlie fell quiet at first and then he said...

"Well... I guess I should just wish you luck then..." Did Charlie wish me luck? No way!

"Thank you, Sir!"

"You're welcome and how many times do I have to tell you to just call me Charlie?"

"Yes, Charlie." Charlie smiled at me then he stood up. I stood up too. Then...

"Oh. By the way, Edward, if Bella took you as her boyfriend, I just want you to know that I approve." Charlie approves? That is unbelievable! Is this really too good to be true?

"Thank you, Charlie. I promised you I'll take care of her."

"You're welcome. I know you will." Then Charlie left me in the living room to go to the kitchen.

Then as if on cue, I heard footsteps coming down the stairs. I went to the stairs. I saw Bella and she's wearing the exact shirt that I am wearing. I bet Alice has something to do with this. I'll thank her later when I get home. Bella is now in front of me.

"Hi, Edward! Let me guess... Alice?" she said while pointing at our shirts back and forth.

"Alice," I confirmed. Bella smiled widely at me. I really couldn't believe that I am officially going on a date with the girl I love, the girl I see in my dreams and the girl who is my best friend.

"Shall we?" I said giving my arm. Bella grabbed my arm and said...

"Yes of course."

Then we walked together. Bella told her dad that we are leaving and I promised Charlie that I'll bring Bella home by ten. After that, we walked out of the house and went towards my car. I open her door and helped her get in. I closed her door and went to the driver's side of the car and got in. I turned to Bella.

"Ready?" I asked. She smiled at me.

"Yeah" That is all I need to hear then I started the engine and drove off.

During the drive to Port Angeles, Bella and I talked about anything we liked to talk about. When we are in Port Angeles, Bella asked me where I was planning to take her.