Chapter 9- Hope

I woke up early before anyone else. I went down to the kitchen to get a cup of coffee. I went up to my room again and sat on the balcony of my room, waiting for the sun to rise. While taking a sip of my coffee, I remembered my conversation with Alice yesterday...

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

"Edward?" my sister called as she entered my room.

"Hey, Alice." I said while putting away my "Wuthering Heights" book. I was on my couch reading.

"I see you're reading the book I gave you," Alice said while sitting down beside me.

"Yeah, I've been reading it the whole day. I'm almost done with it."

"Yeah, I've noticed." Something tells me that she has something else to say

"Anyway Edward..." I knew it and here she goes "... Jasper and I noticed a lot of you today."

"A lot like?"

"Well, we noticed your reaction when you saw Bella Swan..." What!?! They saw my reactions!?! Oh God. I'm doomed. My annoying and very observant pixie-like twin sister will definitely shoot questions at me like a machine gun.

"Well, what was my reaction?" I ran my fingers through my hair. And here she goes...

"Well, when Bella walked in the cafeteria, you stared at her as if you saw a ghost. When Bella was walking with Jacob, you had an angry expression on your face, but Jasper thinks it wasn't anger. You became suddenly attentive when Emmett talked about Bella. The most intriguing part of all is you kept on glancing at her. When the bell rang, you just swiftly left the cafeteria. When we were in the parking lot, you have a deathly glare at Bella and Jacob when they hugged and you swiftly slip in your car with your irritated expression. So now tell me... what is up with you?"

I was dumbstruck she saw everything. Stupid observant pixie-like sister. I took a deep breath and told her everything. I told her about the incident in the bookstore in Seattle, my weird dreams, why I like the book she gave me when I saw Bella, me and Bella's situation in Biology, the performance in the auditorium, in the gym and the parking lot. When I was done explaining everything, I looked down and braced for impact...

"OH, MY GOD!!!!!!!!! My brother is in love..." then she started laughing.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Because I can't believe you became in love with someone you think you just met in a dream and planned to find her in real life like that was insane and I thought I was the only crazy one in the family."

I couldn't help but laugh at her. She was right. It was pretty insane.

"You know what? I think you two are destined for each other." Alice said

"Alice, there is no such thing as that."

"You may not believe me today but someday you'll tell me that I was right all along."

"Fine Alice..."

"Oh, this is great. I can't wait to tell Jasper that his predictions were right."

"No Alice, please don't tell anyone about this"

"Fine but let me tell Jasper that you have a crush on Bella Swan and that's all I'm telling him. Is that ok now?"

"Yes, Alice. I don't want the others to know until she was mine."

"That's the spirit bro! Hope you find your opportunity." Alice said while leaving me to think for myself...

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

I hope as well I'll find that opportunity. I'll find a way to be close to her. After all, I have the whole afternoon with her. Soon the sun was rising symbolizing my new hope...

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

It's been a month since I had my conversation with Alice about Bella. If you are wondering if I found my opportunity, well not yet, Bella is always with Jacob, Embry, Quil, and Seth during lunch. In Biology, we had a lot of class discussions and individual projects. While in Music, she always sat with Mike and Angela. Don't ask me about Gym class. You know who's always attached to her like a leech. The only good thing is I still have dreams about her.

Well excluding my unattainable love life, this month had been good for me and my friends. The stares and interrogation had finally subsided. I have good grades in my every class. Not only I made it on the basketball team, but I was also the team captain. We have practice twice a week because we have a game next week.

As for Alice, she is doing well in school. She became the Student Body President and she was really good at it. She also became cheered captain of the cheerleaders. She and Jasper finally got together and have been dating for two weeks now. They may be opposites but they really attract each other. At least my sister was happy.

As for Emmett, he became the football captain and just recently won against Seattle High's Wild Beasts. The game was awesome. Three more games to win and our team will be in the semi-finals.

As for Jasper, he still became the MVP of basketball. He won first place in the Math Quiz Bee in Seattle. He was happy to have Alice around and he's doing well.

As for Rosalie, she joined the cheerleading squad as well. She is Queen Bee again this school year since Bella dethroned her last year but this time Bella gave way because according to her farewell speech as Queen Bee, she has more important things to do and she thinks Rose deserves the crown more. This incident made Bella and Rose on good terms.

As for my three most annoying stalkers, Irina joined the cheerleading squad and finally backed off and started dating Laurent, a football player. As for Jessica, after I harshly rejected her, she backed off as well and started dating Mike Newton. Then as for Tanya, well she is completely delusional. I did everything to make her back off but the more I push her away the more she pushes her way to me.

As for Bella, she is beautiful as always. She was an all-A student. She became the president of the glee club. She was not sporty and really clumsy but I think it was adorable. She never shows up in any game but I wish she shows up in the basketball competition. I would be so happy

Going back to present day, I'm already driving my way to school. I hope something different will happen today. When I say something different, I mean I'll have the opportunity to talk to Bella...