Chapter 17- Falling Apart

I was pacing back and forth at the meadow. My sweet angel hasn't returned yet. I missed her so much. The atmosphere was gloomy but no rain would fall. I don't get it. Why wouldn't she stay with me? Who's that someone else? Then I spotted her at the edge of the forest. She looked sad and her eyes are puffy. She had been crying but why? Then she ran towards me but she still looked sad. I ran towards her.

"Bella!!!" I called out.

She didn't answer. She was close enough. I was going to hug her but... she passed through me... like... like I was just a ghost. I turned around to find her but I saw her, my angel, in the arms of another man, their back facing me.

Then the man turned around. It was Jacob Black. Bella was crying on his chest.

"He's gone... He's gone... Jacob, he's gone." My angel sobbed.

"I know Bella. But don't worry about him anymore. I'm here for you and I will stay with you..." then he looked at me and smirked.

"I will be with you forever and ever, my sweet angel." He continued.

He and Bella walked away from me. Then I saw a bloody knife tucked in the pocket of Jacob. Then I looked down at my feet.

I saw a bloody body. My cold dead body... I was gone...

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

I woke up panting and sweating. Horrible would be an understatement for that dream. It was beyond terrifying. Not because I was killed in my dream but because Bella is with Jacob and I can't do anything about it. I rose up from the bed and looked at the clock. It was five in the morning. I changed my shirt into something comfortable then I went out of my room to the balcony. It was cold outside, enough to relieve the tension on my entire body.

I couldn't sleep anymore because I was afraid... afraid to see my worst nightmare again. I feel so defeated right now even though it was just a dream. It's like the nightmare really happened. I remembered the advice that I gave to Bella yesterday. What if... I immediately shrugged off that thought. I don't want to think about it but I have to admit that it's a possibility.

I remained there on the balcony, thinking of a possible way to get rid of that regretful feeling I had ever since I told Bella that advice. And so far, only one solution came up to me but I was too scared to do it.

Oh, come on Cullen! Just do it. Tell her how you really feel about her. Today is the day. Don't think about her feelings for Jacob. This is between you and Bella. Nobody else but you two...

My inner voice is right. I should do it. I should tell her. I'll do it today when Bella comes over for her shopping trip with Alice. My decision is finally made. There is no turning back now. I kept telling myself until the sun finally rose.

☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻☺☻

I was just slouching on the couch in the living room, reading a book and drinking some ice cold milk. I was tired of staying in my room so I moved here in the living room.

Or you just want to be the one who answers the door when Bella gets here.

Oh, who am I kidding? Yeah, my inner voice is right. I just want to be the one who answers the door. As if on cue, the doorbell rang. I ran to the door as fast as possible. I pause at the door, took a deep breath, smiled and opened the door.