Chapter 2: Visuals * Apartment 245

The first thing you faced upon entering the dark building were multiple sets of stairs. You let out a depressed sight, your eyes travelling all the way up to the top of the building, where there seemed to be endless stairs. You peered at your key, squinting at the number engraved into the metal. 246. You squinted evilly at the key, knowing that your apartment was probably on the fricking fifteenth floor.
You glanced around, yet with your luck, there was no sign of an elevator, so you began the tedious journey up. After covering around five flights, your eyes caught sight of three shiny gold digits on the door closest to the stairs. They read '244'. A flame of excitement flared up in you, despite the utter greyness of the entire building. It was one of the cheapest buildings up for rental in London, was situated close to the university, and you really couldn't afford wasting half your life earnings on paying a rent.
Your fingers skimmed past the dusty black doors, brushing past 245 as you finally reached 246. You fit your key into the slot when suddenly a loud bang sounded from 245. Curiously, you paused, your keys still wedged in the lock as you quietly pressed your head against 245's door. Complete silence. You shrugged, about to leave it when suddenly your (E/C) eyes widened at the sound of another bang. What if there were robbers in there?! Suddenly, a high pitched wine sounded from under the door, sounding a lot like "PHIIIIIIIIIIIL".
You hastily knocked at the door, setting down your suitcase by your door. Thoughts flashed through your minds in those seconds that you were standing outside the door of 245. What if hostile old people lived next door to you, and you just knocked at their door? Or, what if, it was a crazy cat lady and she had just tripped over her cat Phil? You didn't have time to ponder for longer as suddenly the door swung open and a scruffy young boy with a decent head of dark hair answered the door. He wore a blue shirt, had sparkling eyes and looked like he'd just dived down a toilet. However, despite all this, he bore an element of familiarity... You froze and he offered you a dorky smile. "Um.. Hey!"
All of a sudden, it all clicked. Your heart started beating faster, so hard you thought you could hear it from your chest. Had you really moved in next door to Amazingphil? You shook yourself , hearing his response and returning a smile. "Hi. I'm (Y/F/N) (Y/L/N), um... I just moved into 246?" You flicked towards your apartment door, and he grinned wider. "Hey! I'm Phil. Uh, so you're our new neighbour?" You nodded and he laughed, "Please come in!" He grinned, pushing the door open and stepping back out of view into the flat. Thoughts were whirring around inside your head. /THE/ Amazingphil?! You found it hard to process; of course, you'd hoped to meet them one day, as any fangirl would, but never had you imagined that you'd be moving next door to him. You'd been watching him and Danisnotonfire on YouTube for years, and were fully devoted to the Internet due to the fact that you had taken a gap year in between finishing school and coming to university. Slowly, you stepped into the flat and glanced around as non-suspiciously as you could. So this was what it looked like... You'd only ever seen their rooms in videos, so this was a real eye opener.
"OY PHIL, THERE'S A CONFUSED LOOKING ALIEN STANDING IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR LOUNGE ROOM. I THINK IT'S A FEMALE." You heard a voice from beside you as you whirled around, coming face to face with Dan Howell. It didn't help that you almost fainted.
"That's a girl, Dan." Phil noted, as if that kind of thing happened frequently. Dan put on a rushed smile, nodding his head in acknowledgement.
"She's the one who's moved in next door." Phil added, and it was your turn to nod.
"247, 246, or 248?" He asked taking a bite out of a cookie he had seemed to pull out of nowhere.
"You mean the entire floor is empty apart from you guys?" You asked, frowning. Dan let out a nervous laugh.
"Yeah, about that.."
"We were too loud for a few of our previous neighbours, is all." Phil put in quickly.
"Yeah but, what about the confetti incident..?" Dan asked and Phil shot him a glare as you let out a giggle.
"Don't worry, even though it's just me, I can be pretty loud sometimes too." You added, and Dan grinned.
"Looks like we make a great pair. Trio." He added the last word quickly, an embarrassed smile crossing his face as you felt a light blush dust your cheeks. If only he wasn't your desktop and phone lock screen wallpaper.
"You know what, guys, it was absolutely fantastic meeting you but I need to pack." You chuckled again, heading towards the door as they both pushed each other over to walk you out. "Come back again to visit us!" Dan called out as you nodded, beaming from ear to ear as they both flashed you a gif-worthy smile.
You hauled your suitcase into your small flat after unlocking the door, letting out a huge, happy sigh. Time to post about this on Tumblr.

(A/N) Okay so in this chapter shit actually happens xD I personally find this story really bad so far, so I hope you guys are liking it xD