The Third Trial: Hatred

Jackie arrived on a small island surrounded by an endless sea of blood, the only thing there being a table with a hand mirror lying on it. The witch of Hatred hasn't arrived yet, but she has clearly left that mirror there for a reason. Jackie sat on a chair, as she picked the mirror up, the reflection showing a strange void, before a Red unseen hand pulled her into the mirror.

Jackie woke up in a familiar place, the site of Tanya's death all those years ago. She noticed what looked like Tanya's corpse sitting on a pile of debris, waiting for her. "You haven't moved on from my death, Jackie. I may be alive in your time, but I still sense that you hate yourself for what happened." The corpse said, as Jackie clenched her fists.

"I should have known that we were walking into a trap. I was too late to save you. It's my fault that you died." Jackie replied, as Tanya's corpse sighed. "You should not hate yourself for what happened. After that day I was watching you from the afterlife, and you honoured my legacy when you took the mantle of Fuhrer after my passing. You know that I'm always going to be proud of you, Jackie. Just move on from that inner turmoil. You should not hate yourself." Tanya said, as she disappeared, and Jackie woke up on the chair that she was taken from when she entered that memory of Tanya's death, and the witch of hatred was waiting there for her.

Jackie was unaware about Ram's status as a witch, so she wasn't prepared when the witch lowered her hood, revealing who she was. "Hello, Jackie." Ram said, as she sat on the chair opposite her. "I can't believe it...You are the witch of hatred...I should have known..." Jackie said, as Ram sighed.

"I couldn't publicly reveal my witch status. The last time I did that, I lost my horn. I only publicly used my powers when I sacrificed myself to kill Ley Batenkaitos." Ram explained, adjusting her dress as she smiled at Jackie. "I have moved on from my hatred towards myself. I know that I should not hate myself for what Tanya and Yuno did. They both died doing something good." Jackie said, as Ram smiled.

"Alright then. You are ready to move on to the fourth trial." Ram opened the portal to the next garden, smiling warmly at Jackie. "The witch of pride is waiting for you. Good luck." Ram said, as Jackie gave Ram a hug, before she proceeded to the next trial.

To be continued...