The Fourteenth Trial: Gluttony

Jackie woke up in the Garden of Gluttony, as she noticed that she was on a small chair, next to the witch of Gluttony, who wasn't covering her eyes. "What happened?" Jackie asked, groaning as she sat up on her chair. "Strange....You're immune to my eyes...." Daphne replied, chuckling as she offered a nice warm cup of coffee for her and a few doughnuts.

"What do you mean? What am I immune to?" Jackie asked, looking at Daphne. "Usually people are overwhelmed with hunger when they see my eyes. Subaru nearly bit his own arm off when he saw my right eye...And don't even get me started on my left eye..." Daphne explained, as Jackie began to eat the doughnuts that Daphne gave her, washing the food down with the coffee that Daphne poured for her.

"And why was I asleep when I got here?" Jackie asked, as she finished her coffee and her doughnuts. "You passed out when you entered my garden. I believe that you were exhausted from your trial of Obsession. I believe that she poisoned you. Maybe she's afraid that you'll abandon her. I nursed you to health." Daphne explained. "What? Why would she do that?" Jackie asked, trying to process the information.

"You tried to learn her identity. The witch of Obsession gained a new life in the year 1963, and ever since, she has sworn herself to secrecy, because of her crimes against humanity. Don't ask me anything else." Daphne said, as she looked at the confused vampire.

"Let's just get on with this trial. Tell me about your most Gluttonous memories." Daphne instructed, crossing her arms. "There was a time where I got so obsessed with my hunger for blood...That I started to feast on the flesh of others....I nearly became a ghoul...It was terrifying...." Jackie said, tearing up as she clenched her fists.

"And have you managed to control yourself recently?" Daphne asked, smiling at the crimson haired vampire. "Yes I have...I've been drinking coffee every single day, with some blood mixed in." Jackie explained, a smile forming on Daphne's face. "Now I know why you're a coffee addict. At least it's for a valid reason. Anyway! We are done here! You have one more trial left to do. Satella is waiting for you. Goodbye, Jackie." Daphne said, snapping her fingers as the portal appeared near the table. "I'll see you soon, Daphne." Jackie said, as she walked through the portal to her final trial.

To be continued...