Chapter Twenty Five

Five years ago...

Her hair, so amazing and intimidating. My hair was long and full but this was just something else. I loved how black and shiny it was. It pooled in it's glory at her back, resting just below her shoulders.

I didn't let it deceive me, I knew her hair was longer than that. I knew if it would be stretched the length would rest somewhere around her waist. Mine when stretched would be just above my bra on my back.

She looked my way and I sent a small smile and a wave her way. Her eyes softened and she waved back. From the small distance between us I could see her beautifully mismatched eyes. Grey and brown.

My boyfriend Drew had grey eyes and I loved it but this I loved more, very rare but beautiful.

"Riya what soda do you want?" Drew asked me and I turned my attention back to him.

"Coke," I answered and he told the lady behind the counter what I just told him.

Shortly after I had my popcorn and drink in my hand and we were headed to the waiting area to wait for our movie. Andrew had been dying to see this movie for ages so I decided it wasn't a bad idea to see it with him.

We took the table beside the lady and the guy that she was with earlier, I'm guessing he is her boyfriend.

The guy was saying something but she obviously wasn't listening to him because she was looking at Andrew and I. I felt her eyes boring holes into the side of my skull.

Andrew was telling me about the movie but I wasn't completely listening to him.

The guy snapped his finger in her face, "Funke are you even listening to me?" He sounded offended.

Funke, what a nice name. Nigerian then, probably mixed. The guy with her was white, his skin a contrast to ours. He was either mixed or fully white but my bet is he's fully white.

"Sorry what did you say," Funke stopped looking at Andrew and I.

The guy sighed then shook his head before speaking, "I was telling you about the film, not that you care to know anyways."

Well that makes two of us.

I willed myself to place my attention back on Andrew, listening to what he was saying.

Shortly after it was time for our movie and we all filed into the theatre room. An hour and half after we were done with the movie and I couldn't hold myself anymore.

"Hi," I said to her as we stepped out of the building.

"Hi," she smiled at me.

"I just wanted to say that I really love your hair, what products do you use?" She looked a bit tensed but with every word I spoke she relaxed.

"Thank you, I use a leave-in conditioner that I don't know the name and coconut oil," she answered and my eyes widened.

"Coconut oil, I've heard how good it works," I nodded and a grin broke out from my lips. "Well thank you." I walked away and met Andrew.

I knew that coconut oil had to be in the recipe. I use it too. I was happy that I got to talk to her, we'll probably never meet again but at least I was able to talk to her.

Present.

I was wrong, we met again and it was when we landed in Nigeria shortly before we were to resume college.