Chapter Two

"Just get out of my life already" I took a step towards him.

"I would if our parents weren't best friends and business partners." He shifted his gaze back to the large estate in front of us.

My parents sure didn't miss the opportunity of buying a house in Victoria Island here in Lagos. The houses here were intimidatingly expensive but I'm sure buying a house here was not a big deal for them. They were that rich. This place had a very nice view from up here and I loved it.

"Why wouldn't you just leave me alone Drew?"

He looked at me and for a second I could see regret in his eyes but it disappeared just as fast as it appeared.

He didn't reply, looking away from me once again. As much as I always tried to stay away from him he wouldn't stop coming to me.

"So was it Adrian you were talking to back there?" he stretched out his arms, the palm of his hands connecting with the railings.

"How is that any of your business?"

"He's a really nice guy, does he like you?" He rested his weight on his hands.

"No way, we're just friends and you know that." I rose a brow at him.

Why would he think such of Adrian and I? Everyone knows we are just best friends and nothing more.

"Well he sure doesn't act like it." he fixed his gaze back on me, now crossing his arms over his chest making his muscles become more prominent even with his white shirt.

I tore my gaze away from his chest. "What makes you say that?"

"Have you seen the way he looks at you when you're not looking? I caught him staring at your picture one time and he totally denied it. His entire face was all pink." He chuckled.

I slapped his hand and he couldn't control his laughter anymore. This was totally not funny, why was he laughing?

"Hey don't talk about my best friend like that" I reprimanded him in a sharp voice making him to stop laughing.

"Chill, I'm just joking with you." His eyes sparkled with excitement. "But for real I think he likes you."

"Shut up." I hit him again.

"So, what about Funke? She's single right?" He put on his flirtatious side making me hit him for the third time.

"Ouch now that hurt!" He put his hand over where I had hit, feighning hurt. "What is with you and hitting innocent people?"

"If innocent is what you call yourself then I'd prefer to remain evil for the rest of my life." My lips slowly pulled up in a faint smile.  "And yes she is single but she is not interested in egotistical assholes like you." This time I could no longer hold in the smile forming on my face.

Wait, why was I suddenly smiling with this man? Something must be wrong with me.

"You're really hurting me Riya." He pouted, making him look like a cute baby and I tried not to laugh at him.

"Now can you please leave? I have to be on the road back to school tomorrow morning as early as possible and I need my beauty sleep." I pushed at his hard chest but he didn't budge, he kept standing there looking at me, a warm smile on his lips. Though it was dark, but the little light shinning from the security lights of the house and on the street shone a little on his face, making him look ten times hotter.

What am I thinking? Hormones get yourself together!

"Why are you leaving so early? Do you have any classes?" The questions rolled out of his mouth drawing me back to reality.