~14~

"You know what, never mind" he says while scratching the back of his head. His gaze was immediately drawn towards the front of the school. "What is it?" you say looking where his eyes were glued and to your surprise, you see Eunmi walk towards the back of the school with a male student you had never seen before. His uniform also wasn't from your school and it looked to be quite expensive. "What's she up to now..." you say under your breath. Jimin heard this even though you only mumbled it and replied with a "I have no clue, but she seemed a little suspicious don't you think?". You look into his eyes and they're filled confusion.

You were about to speak when Jungkook and Taehyung came into view. They waved, but only Jimin waved back. Where's Taemin? As this thought occurred to you, Jimin said exactly what was on your mind. "Where's Taemin? Isn't he coming with us?". He looked equally as confused as you. Jungkook and Taehyung look behind themselves and the youngest said "He was right here a few minutes ago". You look at Tae and he's shrugs his shoulders, oblivious as to where your best friend has run off to. You started to walk towards the school doors and just as you got to the entrance, Mina had bumped into you.

"Ow..Why do I keep bumping into people?! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to-" "Mina it's fine" you laugh as she looks up and into your eyes and pouts. You look at her a little more serious this time and say "Have you happened to see Taemin around, I'm supposed to go home with him" She proceeds to look confused. "The new kid?" she asks, you nod and her smile falls, "You don't hang out with me anymore and you seem so close with this new kid... I feel left out" she says as her eyes start getting watery. You felt like your heart broke a little when a tear slipped onto her smooth cheek. You proceeded to wipe it away and cup her face in your hands. "I would never abandon you, Taemin and I have been close way before I even came to this school, but I would never leave you on your own, you're my friend and I cherish you" she wipes away her left over tears and says "thanks I've just been left behind by so many people and I thought you were going to do the same".

You shake your head and smile at her "Never" and she smiles back. "Ah about Taemin, I bumped into him too. He was mumbling something and heading to the back of the school". Your eyes widen and you grab Mina's wrist and start running towards the back of the school, while running your gut was telling you that something was off. There's definitely something wrong , Taemin mumbles when he's deep in thought or if something is troubling him. "Y/N WHY ARE WE RUNNING?!" Mina yells as she stumbles to keep up. "Something is off, we have to check it out" you say with more determination. Mina seemed to balance herself and started to run along side you. The sound of your footsteps could be heard throughout the empty halls, bouncing off the walls and back at you, telling you to go faster. The halls had emptied out rather quickly when the students had heard that school ended early, so the space allowed you two to run faster.

The backdoor was open and Mina opened it as she tried to catch her breath. You continued to move forward and you spot Taemin talking to Mina and the strange male student. Stopping in your tracks, you stay a good distance away to hear what was being said while also staying out of sight. "Why do you keep defending her?" Eunmi asks Taemin who replies with "It's because..because I-" she cuts him off by saying "You love her don't you? I can see it in those eyes of yours". He looks taken back by this but quickly composes himself. "And why do you hate her so much?!" Eunmi's face fills with anger and disgust. "She doesn't need to explain herself" the strange boy says to Taemin while stepping forward. "Why did you bring a guard dog? I'm not going to hurt you, I don't hit girls" to this she steps forward while crossing her arms over her chest. "He's not here to protect me" she says grinning and the male grabs a baseball bat out of the school's equipment box. "This should shut up that pretty boy" he says while menacingly dragging it towards Taemin. "Wow you need to muzzle that dog of yours, his words have a little too much bite to them, but I'll take the compliment" then he winks at him and you let out a snort but quickly cover it and hide, hoping they didn't see you.

Mina pokes your back and whispers "What's going on?", you tell her to go get the teachers and she nods and runs back into the school. You look back at the action and the male grabs your hair and drags you over to where Taemin and Eunmi are. When did he get here?! Did he hear me and walk over here? As if answering your question, he tells Eunmi "Look what vermin I found, the sound from earlier must have belonged to her" he then throws you towards Taemin who catches you before you could fall on the hard ground. "Ah so happy the girl of the hour can join, it's a pleasure to see you here, by the way, did my little present not teach you anything?" she says while pointing to her back. You touch the still sore bruise on your back and look at her with rage filled eyes.

You weren't gonna let her get away with it and charged at her but Taemin held you back with his strong arms. He then whispers "Not now Y/N, they have weapons" "Nooooo I totally didn't see the big a** bat in his hands". Your words were drenched with sarcasm and Taemin only rolled his eyes at you and let you go. You turn to Eunmi and ask "Why are you going after Taemin, he just got here and did nothing to you" she snarls and says "BUT YOU DID" and she grabs the bat from the male and charges at you and Taemin. Taemin jumps in the front of you, hugging your body as his back was exposed.

The force would've hit him anytime now, but his face never showed any pain. He turned around after hearing the sound of the bat falling to the floor. There stood Jimin and Jungkook, standing between you, Taemin and Eunmi. The strange male was nowhere to be seen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N

Here ya go my lovelies!
I'll be releasing a chapter everyday!!!

This may be a short fanfic or a long one, I'm honestly not sure but I really do want to thank you for sticking around 💗

Until tomorrow my beautiful readers🤩