"Did you make a wish?" He asked as I blew out the candles.

I nodded, looking down at my hands. Consciously, I'd wished to pass college, but another part of me had just wished that I could have a birthday half as nice as this next year as well.

"Good. I hope it comes true," he said and ruffled my hair, before getting up.

I bit down on my lower lip, the way he casually touched me now feeling both comfortable and maddening. Every time he touched my hair, it made me want to touch his too.

It felt so soft when we kissed.

Instantly blushing at the memory, I tried to shift my focus on what Maddox was doing as he fumbled with the remote.

"What are you doing?"

"Ah, what's a birthday party without music?" The smirk on his lips should have been indication enough that trouble was coming my way.

I watched him open up YouTube on the TV, and type in the name of an artist.

"Elvis Presley?" My voice must have sounded incredulous because he laughed and stopped typing long enough to look at me with one raised eyebrow.

"Not a fan of the King?"

"I mean, I love old school music, I just assumed you were more into like, the modern stuff." I offered an apologetic smile and he laughed.

"You seem to have assumed a lot of stuff about me." He said before walking back to me and holding out his hand. I just stared at it for a few moments before my eyes lifted back to his face, then back to the outstretched hand.

"What?" I asked, confused at what he was expecting.

Maddox clicked his tongue as if it was the most obvious thing, "Come on. Dance with me."

"No way." The words flew from my lips so instantly he burst out laughing.

Lowering himself a little, he took one of my hands in his and gently brushed along my skin with his thumb. "One dance. It won't kill you."

It just might.

But, I stood up anyway.

He wasted no time, wrapping his arms around my waist immediately and pulling me against him. I swallowed hard, my heartbeat skyrocketing the instant I could feel his touch. Slowly, I wrapped my arms around his neck and buried my face into his chest, hoping that it would hide my red cheeks.

It felt awkward at first as we swayed out of rhythm but within seconds we were laughing together and somehow the atmosphere became lighter. One song faded into another, and neither of us really made any move to stop.

I leaned my head against his chest, feeling comforted by the fact that it wasn't only my heart that was beating erratically. He pressed a light kiss on top of my head before leaning his head against mine.

Soon, I heard him humming and singing along to the song that was playing and when I heard the lyrics my heart must have done somersaults in my chest.

"Take my hand, take my whole life too, for I can't help falling in love with you..."

That was it. I couldn't deny it anymore. I liked Maddox. I really liked him. And that was a problem.

Because knowing this, I wasn't sure how much longer I could actually keep away from him. 

Hi lovelies! ❤️

Hi lovelies! ❤️

Eeek, so this chapter was a whole lot of fluff. Did you like it? 

Also, I'm curious... do you have a favorite music genre? 🎶

AND, do you listen to any of the 'old-school' artists? If so, who? 🎶

I love Frank Sinatra, his voice is just... I melt. I actually have a record player and collect vinyl records, and I just love playing my Frank Sinatra record when it's snowing outside. It's like a whole mood, haha. I also love the Beatles, and Elvis... and a lot of the oldies but goodies (particularly old rock). 

Also, I'm sorry this chapter was posted a little late! I actually have this work-related thing to do until Friday, so there won't be a chapter update tomorrow probably. (I'm sorry!) 

Anyway, I definitely enjoyed writing this chapter, a LOT, so I hope you enjoyed reading it too. ❤️

Stay strong and stay safe!