18. Day Five

"Aren't you tired of resisting me?" His voice was velvet, the smirk that pulled his lips up more dangerous than a blade.

I could feel the heat radiating from his toned body. That shirtless torso of his glistening with sweat. The way those muscles twisted as he moved closer to me was mesmerizing. I looked up at his face, conflicted, and immediately regretted it. The glint in his gray eyes promised things that turned my cheeks red and I was instantly lost in them, trapped like a deer in headlights.

Maddox towered over me, a lion that finally caught his pray, before leaning down toward me. His minty breath tickled my cheeks, those luscious lips approaching dangerously close to mine. I wanted to resist and push him away but it was like my body was refusing to listen.

I closed my eyes and within seconds, his lips pressed gently against mine.

"Noooo!" I woke up to my shriek echoing against the wall of the darkened bedroom.

A dream? Thank God it was a dream. Wait a second...

"What the hell?!" I wiped my hand against my lips as if that would erase the memory of what just transpired in my mind.

Why was I even having dreams like that?!

It was like a new, disturbing kind of a nightmare — only it definitely didn't feel like a nightmare until I woke up. Shaking my head, I frowned staring blankly in front of me.

"Aimee, you okay?" There was a knock on my door, followed by Maddox's worried voice.

Of course he'd heard that, he probably had freaking superhuman hearing to match those ridiculous abs of his.

"Fine!" I yelled, way too frantically, "Totally fine, I just, um, dropped my phone."

I heard him chuckle even through the door, "That definitely warrants such a scream." He added before I heard him walk away.

Letting out a sigh I covered my face with my palms, wishing the ground could just open up and swallow me whole before it was too late for me.

But, of course, I wasn't that lucky.

After a little while, I decided to cautiously venture out of my room, breathing out a sigh of relief when I heard the sound of gunfire, and Maddox angrily muttering something

Whenever he was playing his games it was like his surroundings just faded away — something that became evident during the burnt pizza incident. Making sure to avoid even the smallest glance toward the living room, I hurried into the kitchen.

"Gimme a sec, B." Maddox spoke into his headset, and my chest clenched, "Mooorning, Aimee." He said, this time louder than before and my head snapped toward him in shock. This was the first time he'd acknowledged me while he was playing and I honestly didn't know how to feel about it. I was leaning towards disturbed.