❝ CHAPTER 9 ❞

▌Chapter 9 ─ Effective Immediately ▌

Chapter 9 ─ Effective Immediately

━━━━━ IRIS STOOD WITH Marta, they were in the small building that wasn't far from Harlan's house. Iris looked around seeing that she had never really been in there before.

"Fifty years ago, I worked this estate. You know, security back then was such that you had to make the rounds with a 94 and keep your ears open." Mr. Proofroc said with a chuckle. "Now you've got all this modern technology."

He proceeded to walk away from the other's moving around where the video tech was located, while the others followed behind him.

"Now, that's the video there. I saved the tape from last night. Normally, I erase 'em with a magnetic degausser, but in this case, I thought I'd just save it, you know?"

Both Marta and Iris looked at the video feed, however a panicked look seemed to cross Marta's face.

"All right, well, can we see the actual tape?" Elliott asked him.

"Well, of course you can." Mr. Proofroc said, picking the tape up in his hands. "I recorded it on SSLP. There's eight hours in that tape. 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m."

He handed the tape over to Marta who accepted it. She leaned down, opening the VCR and placing the tape inside and closing it. She then pressed play so they could watch the footage.

"Looks like a Japanese horror movie." Wagner said.

Benoit leaned forward towards Marta, while Iris stared at him. "You think we could scan forward on that?" He asked her.

"Are we all gonna die in seven days?"

"How can we scan forward?" Marta asked Mr. Proofroc who placed his eyes on her.

"Oh, yeah, just hold the play button down and press FF until you hear it grind."

Marta did as told, placing her eyes back on the screen. Iris had her eyes glued to it, even though she didn't think that they would actually see anything.

"All right. Should be coming up now to the time when the party ended." Wagner informed them.

Iris placed her eyes on Marta. Marta had her eyes on the screen, just as it popped up which in return caused her and everyone else to look at the tape. At that moment Iris knew that Marta had forgotten to drive past the elephant which meant that she was on the tape.

"What happened?" Marta asked.

"You gotta keep holding it down or else it'll eject. That thing eats tapes like popcorn."

Benoit turned to talk to Elliott and Wagner about the tape while Marta pulled, back grabbing the tape out of the VCR.

"I got it." Marta told them.

Iris walked with Marta through the woods, they were close to each other and wanted to hold hands but they decided it was best not to. Benoit and the other's were behind them and Wagner was talking about the statues that were in the woods.